Upgrade from 3.60 to NAV2009 - Job-related fields

rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
Hi:

I'm doing an upgrade from NAV3.60 to NAV2009. I know that the Job-related tables and functionality is vastly changed.

One thing that we do here is that we create Purchase Orders in advance of payment. All our PO's are job-related, and there are about 54000 open Purchase Lines. They all have Job, Phase and Task codes on each line.

In doing the test of the Data conversion, in Task 4, Step 1, which runs codeunit 104045, "Upgrade NAV 2009 Step 1", I'm receiving an error message for each Purchase Line "Phase Code must be empty for Purchase Line Order xxxxx..." and "Task Code must be empty for Purchase Line Order xxxxx..."

I'm getting similar errors for the Purchase Header, where we also input the Job No.

I was hoping (perhaps foolishly) that the Data conversion steps would take care of these issues, and allow for some definition of rules as to what to do with these fields during conversion. Am I being too optimistic here? Or, should I just be expecting to modify the data conversion codeunit(s) to handle these errors, e.g. If I don't care about the Phase Code (which we don't), then just discard the Phase code during the Transfer Data step.

Has anyone dealt with this type of issue in doing a Jobs upgrade?

Thx
Ron

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    The phase code and task code are combined into one field. Upgrade toolkit requires the po to be deleted.

You have two options,
    1. Modify the Upgrade codeunit.
    2. Export all the PO and delete them, and after upgrade reimport them. This will require you to combine the task and phase on import into the new field.
    Job Task No.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
    ara3n wrote:
    1. Modify the Upgrade codeunit.
    2. Export all the PO and delete them, and after upgrade reimport them. This will require you to combine the task and phase on import into the new field.
    Job Task No.

Good suggestions. Since all the PO's are imported from an external system, and we keep a table of all import records, I can easily delete all the PO's and just reimport them from the historical log after the conversion. The Job-Task field is going to be modified in its use anyway, so I have to modify the import codeunit before upgrade as well. Thanks for the reply.
    Ron
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    You are welcome.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n