Navision 5 grid line

mariosmarios Member Posts: 14
Dear All

My colleagues constantly complaints about the grid line in Navison 5 financial.
The format on the grid lines is too thin and the colour is grey light therefore it is becoming very difficult for the users to insert data on the correspond line of their interest

Please see below attachment to have a better understanding on my previous persisting problem.

Thanks

Marios

Comments

• einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    Use property BorderColor of your TableBox.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • mariosmarios Member Posts: 14
    could you please gide me on hoe to do it?
    Come on, you should spend at least a minimum of time on it.
    Go to design mode of your form, mark your TableBox, go to the Property window and set the BorderColor to what ever you want.
    Appreciate your response einsTeIn.NET !!!

I managed to do that successfully, but i want that customized grid line to be applied in all Navision windows and not only in general ledger.
    That's not possible in NAV. You could switch your Windows to Classic View, but I don't know if it works for you.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Why do you not change the Windows Desktop Design from "Windows XP" to "Windows - classic" (Desktop -> right mouse -> properties -> Designs -> Design) on the workstations where they want it?

regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
    Cheer people! It seems that it is going to work by using classic design.

UNFORTUNATLY by doing that the designing of Navision will be as my previous version 3.7
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    edited 2010-04-15
    marios wrote:
    ...the designing of Navision will be as my previous version 3.7
    Do you mean no more menusuite? (joking)
    what's the problem?it's not a videogame, it's an ERP...You can't change the grid color: as noticed, it's due to windows setting!What's the problem in switching back to XP?
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    Belias wrote:
    marios wrote:
    ...the designing of Navision will be as my previous version 3.7
    Do you mean no more menusuite? (joking)
    what's the problem?it's not a videogame, it's an ERP...You can't change the grid you probably color: as noticed, it's due to windows setting!What's the problem in switching back to XP?

Albeit not on topic, what's the problem with switching back to XP? There is no problem in switching back to XP on one condition: that NAV (and only NAV) is used on that pc. For almost all other scenario's there are problems.

Anyways, I didn't try it myself, but maybe you could use compatibility mode for fin.exe (finsql.exe) with "no visual themes" ticked on.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
    if i change windows theme to window classic the girid line for all rows are perfectly seen.
    this setting Unfortunately alters the designing of navision toolbar