Options

How do I assign an icon to a department?

lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
edited 2010-04-27 in NAV Three Tier
How do I assign an icon to a department?
Like wise the icon that has been assigend to the Sales & Marketing department on standard NAv navigation pane - see screen shot:
Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
Never stop learning
Van Vugt's dynamiXs
Dutch Dynamics Community

Answers

• Options
    aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    Below the Departments menu there is a blank box with an option for Configure Buttons (this will be directly above the company name and workdate) If you click there and choose Customize Navigation Pane you will be able to "Rename" any selction which will allow you to change the icon. Here you can also create your own by choosing Add. Hope that answers your question.
  • Options
    Thanx for the valuable suggestion, but I also would like to be able to feed the transformation tool with info on the icon i want to be assigned.
    Any ideas on that?
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • Options
    aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    I don't have the slightest idea on how to do that, sorry.
  • Options
    manisharma31manisharma31 Member Posts: 285
    its seems the department & Home icon cannot be changed.
    Cause when you go in the Customize Navigation Pane ,select Department or Home the rename is not enabled,but for others it is enabled.
    Regards,
    Manish
  • Options
    jswymerjswymer Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 7
    Similar to the Department items, the Department icons are defined by the MenuSuite that is used by the RoleTailored client. Each button in the MenuSuite corresponds to a Department, and each button has a BitmapID property that you can set to change its icon. You can only choose among the default icons that are available (11 for Departments in the RoleTailored client). See the following attachment:

Icons are identified by an ID number. For a given ID, the icon that displays is different for the Classics Client menu than for and RoleTailored Client Department. You cannot change Department icons and Classics Client menu icons independently of each other.

To change a Department icon:
    1. To open the MenuSuite Designer, on the Tools menu, click Object Designer.
    2. In Object Designer, click MenuSuite.
    3. Select the MenuSuite that you want to modify, and then click Design.
    4. In Navigation Pane on the left, right-click the button for which you want to change the icon, and then click Properties.
    5. In the Bitpmap ID field, type the ID of the icon. You can choose from 1-11.
    6. Click OK.
    7. Save the MenuSuite.

You can change the icon for the menu items within the Department MenuSuite.
    But is it possible to change the Department MenuSuite icon itself ?
    Regards,
    Manish
  • Options
    Unfortunately, you cannot change the icons for the Departments button or Home button.
  • Options
    Hi John,

Thanx for your input.
    Can you confirm the following?
    I do not feed the TIF tool with any input regarding icons, but the icon (id) is assign to the department based on the icon id of the Classic Client menu.

Looking at the .txt export of either Menu Suite 10 and 1010 I would draw that conclusion as the Image attribute is there in both definitions:
    OBJECT MenuSuite 10 MBS
    {
      MENUNODES
      {
        { Root           ;[{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}] ;FirstChild=[{F8D2429D-034B-4C58-9B5E-81BE962DB1BC}] }
        { Menu           ;[{F8D2429D-034B-4C58-9B5E-81BE962DB1BC}] ;Name=Finance;
                                                                    CaptionML=ENU=Financial Management;
                                                                    ParentNodeID=[{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}];
                                                                    Image=1;

and
    OBJECT MenuSuite 1010 Dept - MBS
    {
      OBJECT-PROPERTIES
      MENUNODES
      {
        { Root           ;[{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}] ;FirstChild=[{F8D2429D-034B-4C58-9B5E-81BE962DB1BC}] }
        { Menu           ;[{F8D2429D-034B-4C58-9B5E-81BE962DB1BC}] ;Name=Finance;
                                                                    CaptionML=ENU=Financial Management;
                                                                    ParentNodeID=[{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}];
                                                                    Image=1;

Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • Options
    I am not sure I understand the question, so let me know if I am off base. Looking back at my earlier post, I think I was wrong in saying that the Department and Classic Cleint menu items cannot be changed independetly. Looking at your examples, the MenuSuite 10 MBS defines the menu in the Classic Client, while the MenuSuite 1010 Dept MBS defiens the Departments of the RoleTailored client. So of you want to change the icon for a Department, open the MenuSuite 1010 Dept MBS and set the Bitmap property for the button. This will not change the bitmap property for the btton in the MenuSuite 10 MBS.
  • Options
    I think you understood it quite good. Thanx for your help!
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • Options
    hey,
    Is it possible to change the icon of department button and home button for RTC.
    Regards,
    Manish
  • Options
    As far as I know not. What you can change is the icon of a departement, like Financial Management or Sales & Marketing.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • Options
    Unfortunately, it is not possible to change the icons on the Home and Department buttons.

John Swymer
    Microsoft