Options

POST IMPLEMENATATION SUPPORT

sramg83sramg83 Member Posts: 2
edited 2010-04-26 in General Chat
Can anybody tell me the role of a post implementation & support in microsoft dynamics nav.

Does he need to know only functional or only technical.

What is the scope for post implementation & support in microsoft dynamics nav.

I also like to know what is the next level after doing post implementation & support.

Comments

• Options
    jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    This is a huge topic and it really depends on circumstance, the NAV Solution centre implemented the customer, how much customization was done, how capable the customer's users are and many other variables.

I certainly think that a mix of functional and technical resources need to be involved in post go live support as some of the problems may simply be related to users requiring additional training help to understand their role and how to use NAV (i.e. functional) and others may be related to bugs in the customizations or data (i.e. technical).

Also depending on the customer and their needs this is also a good time to start tracking additional nice to have features and quick fixes. If there are some areas of the system that are not working well (due to user problems or technical problems) that can be addressed in short order (i.e. a few hours or a day) it can be worthwhile to make these quick changes post-go live so that the user experience is improved and the customer is happy with the product and it's installation.

But there are a lot of variables to consider and I don't think there is a simple one size fits all idea of how to handle post implementation support. It is one of your last points on the initial project implementation timeline to make changes that can affect customer satisfaction so it is important to try and make the customer happy.
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    sramg83 wrote:
    Can anybody tell me the role of a post implementation & support in microsoft dynamics nav.
    Make it work.
    Does he need to know only functional or only technical.
    Both
    What is the scope for post implementation & support in microsoft dynamics nav.
    Make it work.
    I also like to know what is the next level after doing post implementation & support.
    The sky is the limit.