Options

Navigate Page

iris2009iris2009 Member Posts: 56
edited 2010-04-13 in NAV Three Tier
Hello,

I try to create a navigate page manually. But I cant see how I can add the tabs at the bottom?

Can anyone help me out?

Comments

• Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    go into page property, set pagetype = navigate.
    to add tabs, create different groups: take page 344 as an example
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    Okay I can see that when I create a blank page and set the pagetype to navigate page, my groups get displayed as tabs. I can also transform a card form to a navigation page an the tabs get displayed.
    However, someone in this forum pointed out, that the navigation page should only be used for the navigate function. Can you tell me why I cant use this page type for my custom forms?
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    i don't know if there's a technical reason for that, but your customer bought NAV, and i think he wants his system to behave in the same way in the whole application...if the user interface changes on every page, it's not good...moreover, fasttabs are good in my opinion, and i've never felt the need to use navigate pages for different purposes than navigate...
    Honestly, i've never developed a navigate page in nav 2009 up to now :oops: :mrgreen:
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    I think you have got a point :lol:
  • Options
    clauslclausl Member Posts: 455
    We also used the NavigatePage pagetype for creating wizards in NAV 2009. See i.e. page 5077 and page 5097. I would imagine that we would have a new page type in the future for Wizards, so Wizards are not mixed with the NavigatePage pagetype.

Regards,
    Claus
    Claus Lundstrøm | MVP | Senior Product Manager | Continia.com
    I'm blogging here:http://mibuso.com/blogs/clausl and used to blog here: http://blogs.msdn.com/nav
    I'm also offering RDLC Report Training, ping me if you are interested. Thanks to the 700 NAV developers that have now already been at my training. You know you can always call if you have any RDLC report issues :-)