Cost Calculation

dynamics_prasanthdynamics_prasanth Member Posts: 153
Hi Friends,

Is there any method in NAV 2009 Job Module to trace, what all & how much cost is incurred on a Resource or Machine used for a Job/Project?

eg: My company owns several vehicles that take man & material to different Project Locations.
There can be expenses like fuel, maintenance etc against a vehicle. So I want NAV to calculate how much fuel cost, maintenance cost etc are incurred by a vehicle for a given Job/Project.

Can anybody help.

Thanks & Regards in Advance.

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Straight out of the Box, Yes and no is the answer.

If i have a job I would setup a Job task line representing each individual "transport Vehicle" which is itself a resource
    Then under the task planning lines I would setup all my planned exspense of resources and GL expense etc
    Add to this i would also setup a Resource Dimension to allow for dimension filtering on GL / Job ledger entries

I should be then able to see my scheduled costs, MY WIP cost and if you invoice by task line you would have an individual document as well.

Of course the same resource can be used over many job lines in which case creating you own reporting based on the assigning of costs based off your tracking dimension would be the way to go.

Many ways to do this though