Last Direct Cost is zero, LDC Date has no corresponding ILE

bspencerbspencer Member Posts: 50
Navision Experts, hello! We are running 4.0 SP3

I realize there are many topic questions that revolve around the Last Direct Cost field of the item table. I thought I understood what updates the Last Direct Cost field on the item card, but I am missing something. I know that positive adjustments and purchases update both the Last Direct Cost and Last Direct Cost Date fields, but I am wondering how the following might have happened using this example:

I have a part that has a Last Direct Cost in the item table of zero and a Last Direct Cost Update Date of 3/15/10. The last purchase (Purch. Inv. Line table) I have for this item is $679 (invoiced on 1/27/10). The last Item Ledger Entry on this part is an Entry Type of Purchase on 1/26 for $679.

What could have caused me to have a Last Direct Cost Update Date of 3/15/10 and a Last Direct Cost of zero dollars? We have no dataports that I can think of that might be responsible and I checked the change log to see if anybody might have manually changed Last Direct Cost, but then again the Last Direct Cost Date field is not editable.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• herrlutzherrlutz Member Posts: 58
    Last Direct Cost update date? This field seems not to be W1 standard. Either country localization or customization
    which country version do you have?
  • herrlutzherrlutz Member Posts: 58
    Also: in W1 standard last direct cost is editable
  • bspencerbspencer Member Posts: 50
    I am not sure how to tell what country version it is, but you are correct. The field has been there ever since I started with Navision and I presumed it was standard. It is custom. We will need to look through the code and find out if the mod that updates the Last Direct Cost Update date is also affecting the Last Direct Cost.