Options

running 3.7 and 4.0

nostrannostran Member Posts: 106
hi,

i've installed navision 4.0 on my laptop and i was already running 3.7.

i chose the option new- i.e. the one that does not remove the existing running version.

i've got only one application fin.exe that i can load. when i go to help about the version displayed is version w1 3.70(4.0(rtl 1))

the application did asked me to upgrade my database, but my interface seems to be the same.

seems to be me, i'll still running 3.7. am pretty confused. how do i get the two versions running, how do i choose which one to run as it seems navision 4.0 gets installed in the same path, i tried to change it but didn't make any difference.

how do i get the two versions running.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You must install it into other folder than previous version... :-)

And create own shortcuts... 8)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    jemmyjemmy Member Posts: 247
    Yeah, you should find fin.exe and finsql.exe in windows explorer at your laptop drives :lol:
    If you find one pair, than your previous version are overriden.
    Like Kine said, that you have to install in the different folder instead of program files\Microsoft Business Solution.

Jemmy
  • Options
    emkproemkpro Member Posts: 47
    Is there any way to install Navision other than the default directory as I remember it don't asks for install directory.

I worked around it by copying the existing Nav another dir. and installing the newer one later and redo shortcuts.

The problem is they try to run the same database, config each time i open them. So after I close 3.7 and started 4 it want me to upgrade my database instead of using its own. I was thinking it is because of they are using the same zup file, Am I correct ? Is there anyway to solve this ?
    //EMK\\
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You must select Custom installation... there is a button for changing default install dir...

Name of zup file you change through ID= parameter (see administration manual for parameters of fin.exe and finsql.exe)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.