Rename a record on tablebox.

sunnyksunnyk Member Posts: 280
Hi guys,
I made a table similar to vendor table. i created a from based on this new table having one text box to select vendors and one table box to capture information about the selected vendors. For example if i have selected two vendors say v001 and v002 than i get two records on table box. but when i click the third blank line on table box it is asking do you want to rename the record?
how to avoid this.

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Have you tried setting the InsertAllowed property to NO on the form?

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=38541

This that's not what you're talking about then try setting the DelayedInsert Property to No & giving it a try.
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    i have a form on table but sourcetabletemp=yes i am getting same problem also when i have set insertallowed property to no then there are no record in form so i think it can be work only with sourcetabletemp=no. i am inserting rec at run time on form.

any other solution!!!
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I am sure that problems lies in the code written on the form. I am sure that you are somhow working with the Rec variable. After you change the rec variable, you need to call CurrForm.Update to update the internal variable of the form to the newest value without trying to "update" the rec from this internal variable.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • sunnyksunnyk Member Posts: 280
    Thank you, Kine and Savatage. I forget to put currform.update :).