Locking of RG23D table in 5.0sp1

bdurgabdurga Member Posts: 44
Dear Friends,
one of our client faces problem while posting purchase invoice line form. there data growth is huge its upto 4gb per month.
they face a performance slow down when doing ;'Get receipt Lines' and 'Get shipment lines' in purchase and sales order. More over the main issue they are facing is the repeated occurance of the below error when doing the purchase and sale invoice,
' RG23D table is locked,some other user has locked, wait until the other user releases the lock'.

Kindly reccommend some solution for the above error. why the table RG23D has been used and why thsi msg occurs during invoice.
Can some one also suggest some solution for slow performance of the application.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
B.Durgalakshmi

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    that is clearly a personalized table: maybe there's a way to optimize its usage...but we can't say anything without seeing the table design and the code that uses that table.
    If the problem is writing, control how many indexes are present in the table, and check if all of them have to be maintained in sql or not.
    If the problem is reading, control instead if there are less indexes than needed.
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
    For sure, if the data grow is so fast, check if the hardware size is still ok for your system
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • bdurgabdurga Member Posts: 44
    can any one pls suggest why this table RG23D is used in 5.0sp1 . its not available in earlier versions.
    Kindly give some possible solutions to get rid if this issue. Can any one suggest some coding change to delay the lock in these tables. its urgent pls reply if u have some suggesstions for the above.

Regards,
    durga
    I've said that if "RG23D" is the name of your table, it is not a standard table, so, none of us can suggest you how to optimize it, because we don't know the structure of the table! [-(
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    RG23D is a Indian Localized table and has been introduced to manage the trading sale (excise). In case you are not using the functionality you can modify the code as per your needs.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    bdurga, you should have said at least the table no. or if it is a localization...put it in the subject next time, please
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • strykstryk Member Posts: 645
    Are you using SQL Server? If yes, maybe this could help you to identify the blocking problem, then maybe further solutions could be proposed ...
    Jörg A. Stryk (MVP - Dynamics NAV)
    NAV/SQL Performance Optimization & Troubleshooting
    STRYK System Improvement
    The Blog - The Book - The Tool
  • bdurgabdurga Member Posts: 44
    Hi friends,
    RG23D is a indian localization table. Its ID is 16537.

We are using sql server back end.
    I have collected some information about RG23D table. It is an Indian localization table newly introduced in NAV 5.0sp1 for the below purpose,
    RG 23D can be created through Sales/ Purchase or transfer order documents
    When a transaction is posted in Sales/Purchase Documents using Item /Fixed Assets which is linked to Excise business posting group from Customer /Vendor card and Excise product posting group from item card ,Place a checkmark in sales /purchase invoice header the program creates RG 23D Entry along with other entries.

Please help me in proceeding further to avoid the occurance of this error.

Regards,
    durga