Lot and SN in ILE

genericgeneric Member Posts: 511
Hello
When NAV implemented SN and Lot tracking, they added them to ILE table. In 3.7 they removed bin code from Item Ledger Entry ILE and now currently it's in warehouse entry.

I would like to know why they didn't remove Lot and serial no as well?

One reason I can think of is Specific costing method, but how many people use that, but is that a legal requirement in any country that would need this costing method?

From performance and scalability perspective it's wrong choice to have them in ILE.
Thanks.

Comments

• kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    I suppose because you can have SN and Lot without Warehouse module.
  • SunsetSunset Member Posts: 201
    generic wrote:
    Hello
    When NAV implemented SN and Lot tracking, they added them to ILE table. In 3.7 they removed bin code from Item Ledger Entry ILE and now currently it's in warehouse entry.

One reason I can think of is Specific costing method, but how many people use that, but is that a legal requirement in any country that would need this costing method?

From performance and scalability perspective it's wrong choice to have them in ILE.
    Thanks.

The fact that not many use specific cost is not a reason to remove it. The fact that some use it, is a reason to keep it.
    Don't just take my word for it, test it yourself
  • genericgeneric Member Posts: 511
    kapamarou wrote:
    I suppose because you can have SN and Lot without Warehouse module.

you can have bin without using warehouse management.
  • genericgeneric Member Posts: 511
    Sunset wrote:
    generic wrote:
    Hello

Thanks.

The fact that not many use specific cost is not a reason to remove it. The fact that some use it, is a reason to keep it.

You can still keep specific costing method. It will be specific at the "entry no."