Nav Integration 5.0 Native

snehasneha Member Posts: 191
Hi Experts,
Need your help here. We are currently using Nav 5.0 SP1 (Native). We are also using other system (java application). Now we are trying to prepare the analysis to integrate the process between NAV and other system. We are taking one scenario and see the best options available to integrate the data.
Started with customer setup. Requirement is, user crates new customer in other system and it should be inserted into Navision automatically. And, when user modifies the customer in other system should be modified in Navision automatically.

Solution1: By using data ports
Question – which file format is best, text (or) .csv file?
Solution2: By using XML ports

And, plan is to automate the process with NAS by calling for every 1 hour. In future, we have plan to automate the sales order as well. other question is, if we run the NAS for every one hour don’t we face locking issues and performance slow?

Any other best solution? Please suggest.

Comments

• rdebathrdebath Member Posts: 383
    Based on the understanding of file formats you've shown I'd say that the support in dataports is too low level for you. Go with XML ports, they have fixed character set and quoting rules, avoid attributes as XML ports don't do them quite right.

One NAS with a slow trickle of orders is not likely to give you any performance issues. I'd say it'll be better for the NAS to run a lot more frequently than every hour; say every 30 seconds. When you first see a file, leave it alone for a little while; the sender may not have finished writing it.

Remember it's a lot more difficult to have data that can be modified in BOTH systems, always designate one system as the master for every piece of data.
  • snehasneha Member Posts: 191
    Thanks for your guidance.
  • GeoRaGeoRa Member Posts: 21
    Why not writing in a buffer table in Sql and after that take the data in NAV table using NAS?
    We are on Native database currently.
    Hi Experts,
    Company decided to use other existing system as a primary source for master data. The overall files that we need to import into Navision are customers, sales orders, transfer orders files. I think, integrating customers, sales orders are common requirements and I am looking for any 3rd party application which fulfill this with minor changes. There are no major customizations in our current base product. Our plan is to run the service for every 5 minutes . I would like to check is there any tools available already customized by Microsoft partners (such like VisionConnector)

Note: our plan is to jump directly to Nav 7.0 in early 2012.