Style Sheets and Picture Boxes

astrillastrill Member Posts: 3
Hello!
In the release notes for NAV 5.00 SP1 Update 2 it is said, that it's now possible to export picture boxes.
Unfortunately there's not much information about this, just a few lines in the release notes.
What does this mean? Can I now dynamically export pictures (blobs) from my NAV database to word?

Did anyone try those new features?

Regards
Astrill

Comments

• TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    Hi astrill

Please read "Export of Pictures using Send-To MS Word/Excel functionality" blog post from Microsoft Dynamics NAV Team Blog.
    This should give you an idea of how to export picture using stylesheets in Dynamics NAV 5 SP1.
  • astrillastrill Member Posts: 3
    Hi Tomas,
    thanks for your reply, but unfortunately I read this article before and it didn't help me. Because this article just tells me how I can an IF.
    But how do I get a picture (BLOB) from NAV to word?

Did you try this?

Thanks and best regards
    Astrill
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    Press ctrl+w when you have the focus on the form, otherwise, you can click teh export to word button in the toolbar (one of the rightmost buttons)...i've never tried it with pictures, but if the blog says that you can do it, you should be able to do in with the normal functionality (if you set up correctly form 691 and some others i don't remember :oops:, search mibuso, and you should find what is the correct setup)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog