NAV 2009 RTC not able to access SQL Database 2008

aktharakthar Member Posts: 30
edited 2010-04-06 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

I had installed SQL 2008 with mixed mode and without any instances and I had installed NAV 2009 SP1 version. Earlier everything was working fine. But all of sudden I am facing problems while connecting SQL database through studio management not able to connec giving warning message "net type.. "
and also not able to connect RTC and giving me same warning message.

Tried by stop and restart NAV Services, .Net TCP Port, uninstall and reinstall SQL 2008, uninstall and reinstall NAV. Enabled net type ports for the server through SQL configration manager. But nothing were working same issue.

What may be the problem, need your valuable inputs for resolving this issue.

Attached is the screen shot of the errors

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• nav-2-sharepointnav-2-sharepoint Member Posts: 25
    Check the configuration of you SQL server to make sure that you have communications over TCP enabled.
  • aktharakthar Member Posts: 30
    Check the configuration of you SQL server to make sure that you have communications over TCP enabled.

Thank you for your reply

I had tried all the belows ways including what you said

Tried by stop and restart NAV Services, .Net TCP Port, uninstall and reinstall SQL 2008, uninstall and reinstall NAV. Enabled net type ports for the server through SQL configration manager. But nothing were working same issue.
  • Ashish_GuptaAshish_Gupta Member Posts: 56
    reinstall sql and navision and first install sql and then navision
    Ashish Gupta
    Navision Technical Consultant
  • danlindstromdanlindstrom Member Posts: 130
    The screendumps indicates that you are using 'Named Pipes' instead of TCP
    Somehow the the setting on the SQL-server has been altered regarding communication protocoll

Review the settings in 'SQL server Configuration Manager' and enable the protocolls you want to use
    Regards
    Dan Lindström
    NCSD Navision 2.00 since 1999 (Navision Certified Solution Developer)
    MBSP Developer for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009