Apply entries for Item with "AVERAGE" costing method

aps_mbsaps_mbs Member Posts: 141
Hi all,
I am not able to view the applied entries for a Item having costing method as "AVERAGE".
Is it, that the apllication will work for costing method other than "AVERAGE".....?

Waiting for reply...

regards,
APS

Comments

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    what about your NAV version ?
  • aps_mbsaps_mbs Member Posts: 141
    I am working on NAV2009....
  • herrlutzherrlutz Member Posts: 58
    You cant see the applied entries in standard form for that when using costing method average. But navision does the application still in the background with fifo method.
    This means you can trace the actual application when you search in table item application entries directly.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    if you trace the code in from the form that opens applies to entry, you'll notice that it set a filter on item application "Costing Application" to true,
    if you comment this line, you'll see the application for average cost. entries.
    I usually do that for customers who want to see the application, but it's not costing application.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • lallylally Member Posts: 323
    Hi Rasheed,

I am also facing the same Problem.

Can i know in which form i need to trace the code ?

Is it Item card or Applied Entries form?

Please let me know
    lally
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Modify Codeunit 5801 Show Applied Entries

IF Positive THEN BEGIN
          ItemApplnEntry.RESET;
          ItemApplnEntry.SETCURRENTKEY("Inbound Item Entry No.","Outbound Item Entry No.","Cost Application");
          ItemApplnEntry.SETRANGE("Inbound Item Entry No.","Entry No.");
          ItemApplnEntry.SETFILTER("Outbound Item Entry No.",'<>%1',0);
          //ItemApplnEntry.SETRANGE("Cost Application",TRUE);   //comment out this line
          IF ItemApplnEntry.FIND('-') THEN
            REPEAT
              InsertTempEntry(ItemApplnEntry."Outbound Item Entry No.",ItemApplnEntry.Quantity);
            UNTIL ItemApplnEntry.NEXT = 0;
        END ELSE BEGIN
          ItemApplnEntry.RESET;
          ItemApplnEntry.SETCURRENTKEY("Outbound Item Entry No.","Item Ledger Entry No.","Cost Application");
          ItemApplnEntry.SETRANGE("Outbound Item Entry No.","Entry No.");
          ItemApplnEntry.SETRANGE("Item Ledger Entry No.","Entry No.");
          //ItemApplnEntry.SETRANGE("Cost Application",TRUE);   //comment out this line
          IF ItemApplnEntry.FIND('-') THEN

Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    The application process relates to costing. In case of average cost, there's no "costing tier" involved, all the transactions are based on the average cost.

I suspect removing the code as ara3n stated, might land you more questions from the customer.

I highly recommend you talk to your client about why no apply entries is displayed for average costing items.