Options

Converting Forms to Pages - quick question

VotucVotuc Member Posts: 206
edited 2010-04-06 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

When I convert Forms to pages using the FormTransformation Tool, it asks what type of Form I am converting. (e.g. List, Matrix, Card, etc).

Is there an easy way for me to know what Type the Form is I am converting? Is it in the properties? (can't find it) Right now I am just guessing. Lists and Cards are easy - others....not so easy. #-o

I am still fairly new to Navision programming so I apologize if this is a simple question I should know the answer to. :roll:

Comments

• Options
    lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Just use the MS TIF setup (for their forms) as an example. Compare your forms to theirs and the way the have categorized them and then categorize yours. It's as easy as can be (for > 95% of your forms).
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • Options
    Ashish_GuptaAshish_Gupta Member Posts: 56
    hi Votuc
    to convert forms in to pages u have to export the form into transformation tool folder given with setup folder of navision with name forms.xml and the click transformation tool exe and then import the pages.xml file in navision it not ask form type?.........yes after import pages.xml complie all the new page objects......... :thumbsup:
    Ashish Gupta
    Navision Technical Consultant
  • Options
    lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Well, yes, but you need to set form types (and through that page types) in the TIF tool for your forms to enable the tranformation tool to do the transformation as good as possible.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • Options
    VotucVotuc Member Posts: 206
    I tried to just export the forms then convert them without specifying what kind of page to convert them to.... and it worked most of the time :shock:

Wow.

I do have some errors on many of the pages but I do not think it is to do with not specifying form - page type.

Thank you for your help. Now I get to trace errors. :-k