Options

Partial orders

Navi_grey_uzzeNavi_grey_uzze Member Posts: 3
edited 2010-04-14 in Navision Attain
Hello
Is there any possibility to make partial orders? The scenario is like that: I'd made an offer that was converted into an order. The quantity on the offer is 10 pieces with Direct Unit Cost = 13. That give us 130$. Now at the end of the month the vendor gives me an invoice not for the whole order but only partial. The invoice is for 77$. I don't want to change Quantity in "Quantity to receive". I want to post the amount from the invoice. How to do it? Is that in Navision standard?

As I can see I can enter "Quantity to receive" not 10, but let say 5 and post it. But it is not what my customer wants. He wants to enter the ammount. It's a must.

Comments

• Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I'm not totaly following.

So are you saying the price is now $7.70 instead of $13 to get $77?

Are you saying, the vendor billed it wrong and he wants to keep the extra merch and mark it as free?

Do you want to add a g/l entry to the po to the Inventory account with a negative amount $53- to bring the invoice total down but not change the items?

What's your perfect senario?
  • Options
    Navi_grey_uzzeNavi_grey_uzze Member Posts: 3
    No my point was that vendor billed it right, but the situation has changed. Let say - the vendor made me an offer for 1 service, for translation a document. That translation is evaluated for 100$ (Vendor assumed it will take 20 hours). The next day I call the vendor and I tell him, I want to resign now, but he translated a part of the document so he posted me an invoice for 17$.
    I can't change "Quantity to invoice", because I can't divide 1 service in pieces. I must post and invoice the ammount from the vendor's invoice. And the rest (100-17=83) I may use some other time (next month) the same way.
  • Options
    Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    If it's not an Item but a service i.e. a G/L Acc line where qty doesn't really matter all that much, then always use a unit price of 1 and write the price into the quantity. Then you can play with the qty. to receive, qty. to invoice etc. etc.

I know it sounds strange, but you can justify it by explaining that if the amount must be so flexible then what they are really buying is X "units" of service each worthing 1 LCY. I mean, normally things have a unit price and perhaps a discount and you can only play with the quantity. If the amount must be so flexible then the "unit" is "1 LCY worth of services". Keep asking them what the unit is and what the unit price is in this logic and they will probably accept it.