Import Purchase Query

dynamics_prasanthdynamics_prasanth Member Posts: 153
Hi Friends,

I have a NAV functional query.

Suppose, I am importing material worth Rs.100000/- from a Material Vendor.
Some additional charges(like Customs) is incurred. This is worth Rs.15000/-,
which I am paying to a Shipping Agent. So Total value is Rs.115000/-.
So I have to generate two bills for this transaction. One for the Material Vendor
and the other for the Shipping Agent.

Now, my doubts are
(i) How can we link both these bills at the transaction level?
(ii) Can we generate both these bills in one go?

Thanks & Regards in Advance :-k

Comments

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    edited 2010-04-04

How can we link both these bills at the transaction level?

Use the Third party Functionality using Structure .
    Can we generate both these bills in one go?

If you use the Third party , system will not create the Posted Purchase Invoice ( Means History is not available). But System will update the Vendor ledger entry.
  • raveendran.sraveendran.s Member Posts: 119
    edited 2010-04-05

How can we link both these bills at the transaction level?

Use the Third party Functionality using Structure .
    Can we generate both these bills in one go?

If you use the Third party , system will not create the Posted Purchase Invoice ( Means History is not available). But System will update the Vendor ledger entry.

Here he wants to take the printout of both the invoices at one go. Is it possible when I use trird party Invoices? If yes can you explain how to take print of the third party invoice?
    --
    Regards,
    Raveendran.BS
  • dynamics_prasanthdynamics_prasanth Member Posts: 153
    Hi Raveendran,

Datz right. I would like to print both the bills seperately. But also requries a link between both these transactions so dat, I could know the shipping bill is related to which purchase bill.

Thanks
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    I would like to print both the bills seperately.

That is what i am telling , if you use the Third party concept , system will not create the Posted Purchase Invoice ( Shipping bill , No history available) , but system will update the Vendor Ledger entry , G/L entry.
    But also requries a link between both these transactions so dat, I could know the shipping bill is related to which purchase bill.

If you use the Third party Functionality - Post the Purchase Invoice .

Go to Posted Purchase Invoice - > Invoice ( Menubutton) - > Third Party Invoice .
  • raveendran.sraveendran.s Member Posts: 119
    Hi Prasanth,

Try to use Charge Item for the Second invoice, I mean for the customs duty. Hope you are doing it right now. Then, if you see the Value Entries means, you will get the Item Ledger Entry No. With that No. Filter for all the Value Entries, and also for Document type as Purchase Invoice. Now, you would have got two entries.
    1 > Belongs the Original Value entry as posted at the time of receiving the Invoice. (Invoice raised to the supplier to sent the materials).
    2 > The Charge Item invoice.

Now using this Invoice No. give a provision to print the Invoice from either of the documents along with the old ones.
    --
    Regards,
    Raveendran.BS
  • PPPPPP Member Posts: 159
    ther could b scenarios like this third party bill contains different components like customs duty, ocean freight, insurance etc. If we create individual lines in the structure, then system post that many journals with differnt doc number. But these components are just breakup of one bill.
    In this situation how do we handle?
  • PPPPPP Member Posts: 159
    ther could b scenarios like this third party bill contains different components like customs duty, ocean freight, insurance etc. If we create individual lines in the structure, then system post that many journals with differnt doc number. But these components are just breakup of one bill.
    In this situation how do we handle?