Change Dimension after posting

dkonedkone Member Posts: 59
Hi All,

I'm facing a problem with dimension with posted Doc and I need an advice.

It's NAV5.0 and this Customer use two global dim.

We have both dimension values filled in Posted Documents (Purchase&Sales&Service Invoice&CrMemo), but not in Ledger Entry Dimension (355) and Posted Document Dimension (359).
(Thanks to search on mibuso, i found why AND I WILL NEVER AGAIN CALL VALIDATE ON DIMENSION BEFORE SETTING A LINE No. [-X ).
So I made a report that for each line of thoses posted documents, look at entries (G/L, Item, Service,Job...) and insert a line if needed in Ledger Entry Dimension.
This report also insert a line in Table 359 Posted Doc.

I modified 355 & 359 tables with a flag so i can recognize lines that have been inserted by my report.

I recreate Analisys View and all seems to be ok... But I found here many post that said that changing Global Dim is more complicated (i.e viewtopic.php?f=23&t=28434)

Am i making a big mistake ?

Thank you for reading.

dkone

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    There is quite a few requests about this this, I am resolving one myself.

There is a tool in download sections for fixing posted dimensions, you could look at that though if you are missing dimensons rather then changing them you are problem best starting from sub tables first them top level
  • dkonedkone Member Posts: 59
    Hi Jannesting,

Thank you for your reply.

I tried two tools from download section (Dimension Correction & Beautifull Dimension), and you're right both of them are good starting points to understand use of dimension.

Thanks to its and mibuso, i created my report.

Please, can u explain
    starting from sub tables first them top level

dkone.