Options

NEP Message Queues URGENT

tiagofrancistiagofrancis Member Posts: 48
edited 2010-04-01 in Navision e-Commerce
Hi.

I have nep installed but i have this error. I supose tha is because i have NAV on one machine and SharePoint on other.

How does the message queues should look like?

is this ok?

<add key="JobQueues" value="FormatName:DIRECT=OS:172.16.22.49\private$\nep_request_queue" /> NAV MACHINE
<add key="ReplyQueues" value="FormatName:DIRECT=OS:.\private$\nep_reply_queue" /> SHAREPOINT MACHINE

Thanks

Answers

• Options
    nav-2-sharepointnav-2-sharepoint Member Posts: 25
    This is for a product similar to NEP, but it should help you.

message queues
    All that is required is two message queues, one on each machine.

On the SharePoint server you will need only one private que to receive information from the backend(NAS). On the NAS server you will also need only one que to receive the information from the frontend.

(Remember you only need the queues to receive, not to send).

Make sure that when you create the queues that you following Microsoft recommendation and give “everyone” full control of the que. Frontend Any request(job) for data from the browser will go through the IIS to the job message defined in the netivigence.config.xml file.

The entry is shown below.

FormatName:Direct=TCP:172.21.1.54\private$\netivigence_job

Replace the ip address above with the actual ip addresse of the NAS server on your network.

Backend Settings Now, in the cside client, click on the entry “netivigence”

in the main menu and open the “netivigence” Menu.

Click on entry SETUP in the netivigencemenu

and then on the menu item netivigence SETUP.

On the register card “netivigence Default Queue” you determine the message queues used for the exchange of data.

For the request(job) queue use this syntax:

.\private$\< job queue name>

For reply queue use this syntax:

FormatName:Direct=:\private$\

Remember the reply que is on the SharePoint server. After you altered the settings for the NAS, restart the NAS.