Options

Force an update of a Role Center page

AlbertoSAlbertoS Member Posts: 3
edited 2010-04-01 in NAV Three Tier
Hi to all Mibuso people :),

I am new here and already have a question, but can someone help me with this:

Within a Role Center Page there is some need for me to display current information. The information on the Role Center Page displayed is static information from the moment of invocation of this page. To let the Role Center Page act more dynamic, it is desirable to offer more update moments. (In different parts of the RC, so forcing an update of the whole RC Page looks needed.)

After some investigation it seems this is not possible, within the possibilities of RC pages. Since there is no trigger code allowed in pages of the type Role Center.

Is this conclusion correct or are there other ways Dynamics NAV 2009 to provide parts of the Role Center with current database information?
( :idea: )

Tanks a lot!

Alberto Sturkenboom
a.sturkenboom@herke.nl

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    I'm guessing you are looking for some type of timer that gets triggered?

You can look at addin and freddy has posted an example.

You can use the timer to trigger code in nav and write some code with windows scripting host object to hit F5.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    AlbertoSAlbertoS Member Posts: 3
    Hi Rashed,

Tanks for the reply, I am some steps further now.

The first problem was force a refresh on a Role Center Page, and I found that a reload(update) the Role Center Page is done by pressing SHIFT+F12. So with this code this can be done:
    IF ISCLEAR(wSHShell) THEN
      CREATE(wSHShell, TRUE, TRUE);

wSHShell.SendKeys('+{f12}');

This works \:D/ but it would be nice if I could do this with a timer, like you said. Could not find the example from freddy...

But found something else a .NET-Based Timer .

It looks nice, but I want to have this timer running only when the user has the Role Center open. Maybe this can be done by obtaining the current navigationpath of the RTC. If this is [company] or [company]\home the timer is running and will update the RC page.

:?: Do you or someone else know how obtain current navigationpath of the RTC

Tanks a lot again :D
  • Options
    DuikmeesterDuikmeester Member Posts: 304
    Take a look at Automation Navision.Timer ;)
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n