NASSQL.EXE and XMLImport/Export Runs

phill01phill01 Member Posts: 10
Hi All,
We run NASSQL in a command-line mode only (not as a service) for a NAV 4.0SP3 sql-server database with 5.0 executables patched up for NA 5.0 (KB943858).

We have xml imports and exports that have been running without issue for 2 years. This past Monday, we had a failure in one of the imports:
Date: 03/29/10
- 9:43:31 AM: There are errors in the text conversion (text no. 1949-0 does not exist in the .stx file).
9:43:31 AM:
9:43:31 AM: Internal error: 47-1

Ever since then, we have not been able to run NASSQL - it launches, but does not do anything. We tried running this with the debug option added to the command line and still, we get no information (looks like it gets kicked off - NASSQL.EXE is running in task manager, but we don't see any type of activity in the database.)

We have rebooted the server and tried rerunning the command file again with no change in what happens.

We can run the imports and exports manually from within the NAV GUI client without issue.
Can anyone help - we have been looking at this for two days now?

Answers

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    I suggest to reinstall NAS.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • phill01phill01 Member Posts: 10
    edited 2010-08-12
    Hi All,
    So, as soon as I completed my post, we tried one other thing....change the user id that we were running the batch process with. The different id ran the process without issue. It appears that the user id profile on the server that we run the command file with somehow became corrupted. We deleted the user profile from the server. The new profile that was automatically created when logging onto the server with the original id we used to run our command file worked fine.

We ran into an additional issue at a later date where deleting the profile for the id that runs the NASSQL.exe did not work. The NASSQL.exe that we launch from the ran as expected after deleting the user profile on the server and rebooting the server; however, the process was not completing. The NAV code units we are running with the NASSQL.exe is calling PSKill.exe within CAL to end the NASSQL command. (Our Tectura consultant help us develop this code unit logic). We logged onto the server with the id that was running the command file (and hence the nassql.exe) and discovered that when we tried to run PSKill.exe, the system was waiting for the PSKill license to be accepted. We accepted the PSKill license, logged off the server and reran the process from beginning to end without issue.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Was it a matter of a changed password perhaps?
  • phill01phill01 Member Posts: 10
    The id that runs this process does not get the password changed.
  • vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,139
    I guess the zup file was corrupted.
  • Remco_ReinkingRemco_Reinking Member Posts: 74
    phill01 wrote:
    Hi All,
    So, as soon as I completed my post, we tried one other thing....change the user id that we were running the batch process with. The different id ran the process without issue. It appears that the user id profile on the server that we run the command file with somehow became corrupted. We deleted the user profile from the server. The new profile that was automatically created when logging onto the server with the original id we used to run our command file worked fine.

Hello phill01,
    Did you find a solution for your problem, besides the recreation of the userprofile? We have the same problem and solution. running with version 5.0.29118.0 of NASSQL