NAS Issue

roshandilrukroshandilruk Member Posts: 51
Dear All,

I have an issue with the NAS. These are the things I did work around.

1. Installed NAS. (in Nav 3.7)
2. Uninstalled the default Services CLASSIC and SQL using the DOS prompt
3. Installed a new Service called NAS using the DOS prompt
4. In the NAS Service properties, in logon tab, set up the Administrator Account
5. Using the Navision Application Manager, setup the relevant parameters as follows,

Database Server name : localhost
Database kept empty
Company Name : the name of the company in the database (I have only one company in the database)
Start-up Parameter: MYRH
Net Type : TCP
Object Cache : 8000

6. Started the Service

7. Clicked the “Apply These Settings” Button on the NAS Application Manager Window

8. In the Navision database, I added Administrator Account as a Windows login

9. In Codeunit 1, added a little code in the NAS Handler Function, as follows,

NASHandler(NASID : Text[260])

ParamStr := UPPERCASE(NASID);
//Start Code
IF COPYSTR(UPPERCASE(ParamStr),1,4) = 'MYRS' THEN BEGIN
CGNASStartedinLoop := TRUE;
MESSAGE('NAS LogIN');
END;
//End Code

10. After Adding this Code, I again Restarted the NAS Service, so then I checked the Even Viewer

11. I’m supposed to see the Message “NAS LogIN”, but I do not see anything. It shows the Information to say the Service was Stopped and Restarted. I see two warnings, as follows,

Warning 1:No service could be started with the Start-Up Parameter MYRH

Warning 2:
The Navision Application Server NAS could not initialize properly.
The server will attempt to initialize every 30 seconds until this is successful.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at

I believe I did every possible thing, appreciate if one of you could advice a way out to get the NAS workable properly
Thanks

Answers

• einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    I don't know if it is typing error, but your startup parameter is MYRH and in CU1 you are asking for MYRS...?
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • roshandilrukroshandilruk Member Posts: 51
    Absolutely BRILLIANT, that was the exact problem, Thanks a million.

This is the important bit, how hard you do sometimes you don't see this kind of silly mistakes.

Thanks Again!!!
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    You're welcome!

Yeah, sometimes the smallest things do have a great impact and make you waste a lot of time and effort. I often learned it the hard way too... :mrgreen:
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."