Change in Virtual Table

vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
We have 1 virtual table(Object),I want that whenever any object modified then in Object table userid should come.Is it possible?
Vikram Dabas
Navision Technical Consultant

Comments

• einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    I think the Object table isn't a virtual one. But that's not the point.

Your aim is quite hard to reach. You could track some modifications by change log, but there are several ways to modify the Object table.
    Did you think about pressing F2 in the Object Designer?
    Did you think about importing a fob file?
    Did you think about importing a backup?
    Did you think about creating new objects by wizzard / assistant?
    Did you think about copying an object record, insert it again and rename it?
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
    If Objects table is not virtual table then what is it?
    I want to create USERID field in object table and want to insert USERID whenever developer modified any object.
    Vikram Dabas
    Dear concern
    Whenever I m doing any modification in any object then when I save that object then Date and Time field is updated but this entry is not going in Change Log Entry Table.I want whenever any developer is changing any object then also detail of that entry should go in Chage Log Entry Table(ID 405).How can we achieve this?
    Vikram Dabas
    I think it's only a hidden system table because imho virtual tables are filled up during runtime and the objects have to exist even if your client is closed.
    But again, regardless of which kind of table the Object table is, you can't modify it. You could use the change log for your purpose, but that's not a good solution because there are many possibilities to bypass this solution.
    If you want to track who changed some objects you might be interested in what he changed. So, you should think about a general source safe solution.
    I think it's only a hidden system table because imho virtual tables are filled up during runtime and the objects have to exist even if your client is closed.
    But again, regardless of which kind of table the Object table is, you can't modify it. You could use the change log for your purpose, but that's not a good solution because there are many possibilities to bypass this solution.
    If you want to track who changed some objects you might be interested in what he changed. So, you should think about a general source safe solution.

What do you mean by General source safe solution?
    Vikram Dabas
    You need to use the search function and google :!: