User Rights Setup Problem

kish2007kish2007 Member Posts: 64
Hi All,

Iam facing one problem regarding user rights. I created one role like purchase order posting with user rights setup objects. I did transaction. Then permissions was created accordingly. After that when i assign that role to perticular user he was not able to post the PO? they are getting 'You dont have permission to read xx table'. why the permissions are not created properly by using of the user rights setup objects. Is there any bug on this objects?

Thanks & Regards,
Kishore...

Comments

• einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    Are you sure the user uses the same licence file as you did?
    Are you sure the user posts in the same way that you did?
    Are you sure you used all purchase order data the user entered?
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • kish2007kish2007 Member Posts: 64
    Thanks for your reply. I created role by using developer license. but our customer using their license.
    Remaining two points are same.They are posting the same way.

Is there any problem by using the developer license to create roles. because user right setup objects having IDs 70000 onwards. Thats why i used developer license. Customer license does not support those range.

Regards,
    kishore...
    I don't know your process in detail, but just an idea... If there is any part that will be executed depending on READPERMISSION (e.g.) than you might enter different tables when you are using different licences.
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    The problem is this guy has created with developer license, but failed to test with customer license or forgot he probably has another set of permissions under their own ID,

Other issue could be where did this guy create and test permissions did they use developers license in customers DB? if so it may have posted to a table the customer has no access to under their license and now that table must be cleansed before user can post again.

Without knowing which objects are involved hard to say.

Doing the same process with code coverage during a test usualyy shows you what is involved in each step.
    Oh, I assumed that he's able to do that process with the customers licence and super user rights.
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    kish2007 wrote:
    Thanks for your reply. I created role by using developer license. but our customer using their license.

Is there any problem by using the developer license to create roles. because user right setup objects having IDs 70000 onwards. Thats why i used developer license. Customer license does not support those range.

Regards,
    kishore...

You are quite right in what you have said einstein :thumbsup:

Its not possible for us to know what the exact issue is without knowing the process followed and objects system wants access to EG customer sites could have addons or custom tables and user role could have been created in cronus
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    kish2007 wrote:

Regards,
    kishore...

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Someone once said "if you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all", well I think best in this case that I just don't say anything at all.
    David Singleton
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    kish2007 wrote:
    Is there any bug on this objects?

#-o
    David Singleton
  • kish2007kish2007 Member Posts: 64
    sorry for the late reply. by using developer license & user setup objects I created purchase order creation & posting role, I created one purchase order and posted that order . After that assigning the same role to the customer Database they followed the same procedure. but iam getting errors like You dont have permissions to read committed purchases,analysis view filter, analysis view entry tables,etc.

Please share your valuable ideas.

Regards,
    kishore...
  • SunsetSunset Member Posts: 201
    kish2007 wrote:

Regards,
    kishore...

Why would the customer have objects ranging from 70000 and up if their license doesn't have access to these objects? Sounds like there has been copied some functionality between 2 databases where the second one doesn't have access to the customisations.
    If you have modified the posting routine to put data into some table (i.e. 70002) the customer license has to have access to that table. Making user rights that have access will do absolutely nothing if the license doesn't have access to it.
    Don't just take my word for it, test it yourself