Any add-on or solution for Positive Pay?

MindieMindie Member Posts: 124
Have anyone found an add-on or solution to add Positive Pay functionality to NAV?

Comments

• themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    We paid our solution center a couple hundred bucks to create a custom report for us, just sent them the detail specs from the bank, and got the report back.

the report itself is not very complicated, it was just worth it to me to pay to have it done.

Different banks have different requirements, don't think there could be a standard report.

When we run the report, it prints a hard copy and creates a text file that we upload at the same time.
  • KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Hi,

We've done this several times.
    The report is not hard to do, but it is different for each bank and or company.
    We also have done a version that does everything automatically. It creates the file, encrypts the file with PGP and than ftp's it to the banks server.

Just make sure that your bank sends you the correct file specifications before requesting a quote from anybody.

Regards,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • TheoKTheoK Member Posts: 8
    So NAV2009 R2 has no standard functionality for positive pay?
  • djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
    TheoK wrote:
    So NAV2009 R2 has no standard functionality for positive pay?

Not that I know of, but it's been a little while since I had to research it.

As long as the bank specifications aren't horrible, it's not a super-complex report, and I've never heard of the development being cost-prohibitive, especially when you consider how much time and trouble it can be to work with the bank on cancelling checks :)

If it were in the standard product I'm fairly certain that one of the guru's here would have already said so :wink:
    "OMG ALL MY DATA IS GONE"
    "Show All..."
    "Oh..."
  • itinkiamitinkiam Member Posts: 37
    KYDutchie,

looking for info on the mod / add-on that you did for the encryption.
  • KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Hi,

What information do you need? I can't give you the exact code since it's now intellectual property of my employer.
    I am more then willing to point things out and help you.

Thanks,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • itinkiamitinkiam Member Posts: 37
    thanks! I'm not looking for free. Do you mind sharing your employer contact info with me? Rather than us re-writing the thing, we might partner with your group.