FA Disposal

mr_bertmr_bert Member Posts: 3
Is it possible to perform a multi-line disposal entry via the FA G/L Journal? Let's assume for now that the book value is already 0.

The reason I ask is that the dimension requirements for Balance Sheet and Income Statement differ. And given that this is a one-line journal entry, with user-entered balance sheet info, and automatically-generated income statement entries, I see no way to manually enter a two-line entry, where I can give differing dimensions on the Income Stmt. side than on the Balance Sheet side.

Thanks!

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    No you cannot assign different dimensions on Income statement entries. Income statement entries are automatically calculated/created & posted during the posting process and are assigned the same dimension value.

There can be a workaround which doesn't look good but you can post a Gen. Jnl transaction for managing the dimension in Income statement accounts.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • mr_bertmr_bert Member Posts: 3
    Thought so...

My advice was to turn off G/L Integration for the disposal against that book, meaning they'd just have to remember in this case to use the FA Journal, followed by their desired two-line entry in the G/L Journal. But that sounded lame to them, and I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some obvious facility.

Thanks!
  • GeoRaGeoRa Member Posts: 21
    Disposal of FA cannot be reversed, but can be canceled. Check if flag "Allow correction of disposal" is TRUE in Depreciation Book and when cancel the disposal be sure to chose entry "Proceeds on Disposal" from FA Depreciation Book.