RTC help does not work

danielhdanielh Member Posts: 16
edited 2010-03-30 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all
Just before the weekend we encountered this problem...
At a customer we have a fairly fresh installation of NAV 2009. In classic mode the help works without problems but in RTC we get this error
when pressing F1 - "This call cannot be made until OpenConnection has been called" and then the RTC window closes..
At the moment we have both NAV server and client on same Server (SQL on different) and *.chm and *.hh files are at their right places...
We connect to two different SQL servers with different services. One userconfig.config for each service... Both of them get same error when trying to use "Help"

Thankful for any help :)
NAV Developer

Answers

• lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    I am not sure if I can be of help, but I am wondering what you mean with:
    *.chm and *.hh files are at their right places...
    Could you give the path where they are stored?
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • danielhdanielh Member Posts: 16
    lvanvugt wrote:
    I am not sure if I can be of help, but I am wondering what you mean with:
    *.chm and *.hh files are at their right places...
    Could you give the path where they are stored?
    *.hh
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Service\ENU

*.chm
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\RoleTailored Client\en-US
    Strange thing is that the help worked initially... Dont know when and why it stoped working...
    NAV Developer
    edited 2010-03-29
    Daniel,

OK, seeing the directories that should not be a problem (as these are OK).

What happens if you activate the master.chm from C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\RoleTailored Client\en-US? (Probably that will work. Nevertheless give it a try.)
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
    lvanvugt wrote:
    What happens if you activate the master.chm from C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\RoleTailored Client\en-US? (Probaly that will work. Nevertheless give it a try.)

How do I do this? :oops:
    NAV Developer
    Open C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\RoleTailored Client\en-US and select master.chm and open it (double click or whatever).
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
    lvanvugt wrote:
    Open C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\RoleTailored Client\en-US and select master.chm and open it (double click or whatever).

Thanks, but didn't help unfortunately :( I also receive this error-message when clicking the help button in RTC:
    "The operating system cannot access the file C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Server\CNNE\Hans\TEMP\__TEMP__5BA20A2A3F24EE192288361A0302DDC.tmp . Verify that the file type and attributes are correct."
    As far as I can se there is no such path...
    NAV Developer
    Partially solved...
    Discovered today that help works fine for other users! We tried deleting all usersettings for me and it helped for one out of two DB:s... So now Help works fine in one DB but not in the other.. Very strange... All settings in userconfigs and customsettings are the same (except for servicenames and DB:s ofc)

Magically solved during Easter Holidays.. Tried it today and it just worked... Strange
    NAV Developer