Prepayment Sales

snehasneha Member Posts: 191
Hi Experts,

Please help me. Below is the detail about the issue.We are using Nav 5.0 SP1 NA (build 26084)

Created new order for single item and Amount is 1000$, posted a prepayment invoice for 50%
Below are the G/L impacts for Prepayment Invoice
Sales Prepayment = -500
Trade Accounts Receivable = 500
Posted a Cash Receipt entry and applied to the Prepayment invoice. It’s fine up to here.

Step2: Now ship and invoiced the above order

Below are the G/L impacts for final invoice
Product Revenue= -1000
Trade Accounts Receivable= 1000
Current Invoice should be generated for 500 only, correct? But it is generated for 1000. I am expecting G/L impacts should be like below

Product Revenue= -500
Trade Accounts Receivable= 500
Sales Prepayment = -500

What could be wrong? Please help me

Thanks,
Sneha

Answers

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    sneha wrote:
    I am expecting G/L impacts should be like below

Product Revenue= -500
    Trade Accounts Receivable= 500
    Sales Prepayment = -500

System will create the Enties .

Product Revenue= -1000 ( Credit )
    Trade Accounts Receivable= 500 (Debit)
    Sales Prepayment = 500 (Debit)
  • snehasneha Member Posts: 191
    Trade Accounts Receivable = 1000, which is bothering me a lot. I tried some more scenarios. Still, final invoice been generated for the total amount of the order, it should be for the balance amount (total order amount – prepayment amount) correct? Do you think it could be a bug? Some one please gives me the link to search the hotfixes for prepayments quickly in partnersource.
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    I have tested your scenerio NAV 2009 SP1 IN version and it works without any problem (I have not tested implemented in your version)
  • snehasneha Member Posts: 191
    I figured it out. Try this way to see the actual issue
    On Sales & Receivables setup, change the “Default Qty to ship” to blank.
    Now create a prepayment invoice and final invoice from a order. You will face the same problem that I faced above, because of below code in codeunit 80
    TempPrepmtSalesLine.VALIDATE("No.",GenPostingSetup."Sales Prepayments Account");
    TempPrepmtSalesLine.VALIDATE(Quantity,-1); // Just validating Qty, but not “Qty to ship”
    TempPrepmtSalesLine.VALIDATE("Unit Price","Prepmt Amt to Deduct");
    TempPrepmtSalesLine."Prepayment Line" := TRUE;
    TempPrepmtSalesLine."Line No." := NextLineNo;
    TempPrepmtSalesLine."Shortcut Dimension 1 Code" := "Shortcut Dimension 1 Code";
    TempPrepmtSalesLine."Shortcut Dimension 2 Code" := "Shortcut Dimension 2 Code";
    NextLineNo := NextLineNo + 10000;
    TempPrepmtSalesLine.INSERT;

I have added a new line of code to validate “Qty to ship” below the line TempPrepmtSalesLine.VALIDATE(Quantity,-1); and it works.

Thanks again to all.