Buy/Sell Service using Intercompany

B3nzB3nz Member Posts: 37
Hi All,

i've been trying to use the Intercompany in NAV. i just want to ask if it's possible to buy/sell service between each IC partner. because i've tried creating PO with Type G/L account and sent it to IC partner as an outbox transaction. the problem rise when in the IC partner receive the PO in the inbox, the G/L account for the document is blank and we have to insert the g/l account manually again. Am i doing it wrong or it's build like that? i wonder what's the mapping in IC chart of account is used for?

any advice? btw i'm using NAV 5.00 sp1

thanks.

Answers

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Are GL accounts the same in each company for a start, when you recieve the PO in company 2 if that account doesn't exist then how could it validate it ?

If you are you using the Distribute Purchase Invoice Costs to Partner Companies feature
    Then you have 5 main fields to setup on the PI

Type = GL, NO = GL account no, IC Partner Code = IC partner you want to give cost too,IC PArtner ref Type = IC partner GL account (or item item charge etc), IC Reference = IC GL account or your own item etc.

Yes you need to setup the IC accounts

Read the 5.0 manuals for new feature it explains its use there
  • B3nzB3nz Member Posts: 37
    Hi jannestig,

thanks for the reply

finally figured it out. i've mapped the G/L in the IC Chart of account (financial management > Setup > Intercompany Posting > Chart of account), but miss to map it in the Chart of account itself (financial management > General Ledger > Chart of account). that's cause the problem ](*,)

thanks it's working fine now