Cost Application

Rani_ShouraRani_Shoura Member Posts: 15
Dear Forum,

I have an important problem with my Inventory the case as follows:
1 - We Receive Products through Purchase Orders - Receipts later Invoice, for example Item (A).
2 - For A Certain Reason the management decides to say that you know we will sell this item (A) as Item (B).
3 - Easy Answer : Negative Adjustment - Positive Adjustment. and Hooray the quantity is there for selling.
4- What will happen to the cost? ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

PLEASE HELP

Thanks

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    You should use Manufacturing Order or Item Bill of Material for the conversion.
    Further you should have a look at Item Cross Reference functionality.

But I am still confused how can you buy Motorcycle and sell it as Car. There must be more to it. You should specify the complete requirement (business process) which might help us in suggesting in giving you proper solution.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Rani_ShouraRani_Shoura Member Posts: 15
    Thank You Sandeep,

1 - I don't have the MFG Lic.
    2 - We Sell Fresh Products "Gourmet".
    3 - We are Not using multiple UOM per item because we can buy a box of something and it would be 4.5 KG some days and 7 KG on another day.

Thanks
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Can't you just setup up item A as a substitute for item B then ?

When you created item B sales you see how much quantity you had short
    create a second line for item for the quantity item A is to subsitute item B

Then you can update the price to match Item B.

Otherwise i could see a lot of journaling. The only issue would be you would see 2 item numbers but you can change description to match
  • Rani_ShouraRani_Shoura Member Posts: 15
    jannestig wrote:
    Can't you just setup up item A as a substitute for item B then ?

When you created item B sales you see how much quantity you had short
    create a second line for item for the quantity item A is to subsitute item B

Then you can update the price to match Item B.

Otherwise i could see a lot of journaling. The only issue would be you would see 2 item numbers but you can change description to match

My problem is not in the sales process, My problem is that I need the stock to be transferred from an item to the other, while maintain cost
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    That is what its doing essentially.

Its saying ITEM A is = ITEM B and vice versa

When i SELL ITEM B i can Switch it with ITEM A at any time.

This way the costs or ITEM A will never be broken in a process of trying to +- adjust between 2 items , i can see the process being manual and costs getting screwed up completely.
    There is the issue of which unit cost will you write the new stock on as, where will you post the recignition of cost difference between item and & B

This way avoids the whole costing issue all together, Espically if you will continue to purchase ITEM A and ITEM B seperately.

This only involves traing the users on sales orders, Depending how you generate your sales process and don't have 100's of lines to each SO i caan't seeing it being a huge issue