change bill-to customer no. in Job card

prabhupdeshprabhupdesh Member Posts: 49
If suppose I change the bill-to customer no. in job card by commenting the codes written on its validate trigger, what will be the impact on the planning line entries assuming there is no ledger entries for the job?

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Why don't you just make a new job card? If the previous job was billed out incorrectly credit the account and bill it out on the new job. You can even copy the lines from the original job.

Don't go changing code just because you can.
  • SunsetSunset Member Posts: 201
    Try it! Remove the codelines and work with the job. Make new planning lines, print the reports, make the invoices, and even try changing the customer no again. See what happens, and if it matters.
    If you start by asking here, all you will get is an oppinion. If you start by trying and testing yourself, you will gain information on why NAV does what it does.
    Just don't go testing on a live database.
    Don't just take my word for it, test it yourself
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Yeah try it, just remove all the code. You won't get any errors and the system will accept everything you do!
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    No.............

I remember someone did it on live server (With the consistency code) and I was left red faced in front of client when he found that Trial Balance in NAV does not match (debit and credit columns). :oops:
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    On a serious note, mark the words of the members who have replied this post and do not mess with the standard code of NAV without understanding the consequency. MS have written the code with a purpose & logic and you will kill the purpose by blocking it. The system will behave exactly the way a car would do when running at 150 mph founds that the brakes have failed.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    ssingla wrote:
    No.............

I remember someone did it on live server (With the consistency code) and I was left red faced in front of client when he found that Trial Balance in NAV does not match (debit and credit columns). :oops:

Never liked the consistency check in NAV. All it does it mess with you when you want to make additional entries to the ledger ](*,) Whoever come up with the foolish idea that debit and credit should match? As long as my bank account is in credit I'm happy :whistle:
  • rsfairbanksrsfairbanks Member Posts: 107
    Sunset wrote:
    ssingla wrote:
    No.............

Whoever come up with the foolish idea that debit and credit should match? As long as my bank account is in credit I'm happy :whistle:

Luca Pacioli
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Sunset wrote:
    As long as my bank account is in credit I'm happy :whistle:
    You can always hard code the report to show a positive number right :mrgreen:
  • prabhupdeshprabhupdesh Member Posts: 49
    What if, we consider a job like an "item" which can be used with as many as vendors and customers. We can use same job and just by changing the customer no. , use it for different customers.
    You will find yourself in a sea of trouble as it was never intended for this!

But feel free to experiment. I will be particularly interested in how you solve the whole issue with traceability when you have 20 customers involved in 1 job :-k

Luca Pacioli

That was 600 years ago. By definition that should be outdated :lol:
  • prabhupdeshprabhupdesh Member Posts: 49
    Thanks for all the suggestions.Its better I don't override the programming. Let it perform the way it has been built.

Thanks,
    Prabh