Displaying text box values while running the report in RTC

renjitarenjita Member Posts: 40
edited 2010-03-31 in NAV Three Tier
I have customised a report in Navision 6.0.When it is opened in RTC all the fiels are not displaying . Direct table fields are showing but when we take the values in a text box its values are not showing . How can I resolve this problem. can any body help me.....

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    check your rdlc layout, you've probably inserted the caption value instead of the real value of the variable..
    (just guessing) :whistle:
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • renjitarenjita Member Posts: 40
    Hi,

I had declared a variable in C/AL global and given that variable as the Source expression . Code is given to fetch values from table to this variable.

Thanks in Advance....
    do you know the difference between classic report and rdlc report? i think you modified the classic layout only, but RTC does show the rdlc layout (that you have not modified), thus not showing your textboxes.
    EDIT: don't ask me how to design the rdlc layout, it's too long to explain and there's a plenty of documentation about it :wink:
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    Hi,
    After designing the report in Classic do I modify the whole report in rdlc layout? I need to display the text box values in Groupfooter.

I had made some changes in rdlc layout and save it .After that I want to make anothor change and open the report in rdlc format all the earlier made changes are gone. what can I do....

Thanks in Advance...
    because you click "tools, create layout suggestion", instead of "view, layout" while designing the report, isn't it?
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    Hi,

How can I insert a Table detail row after a Table Footer row in rdlc layout......................
    Hi ,

How can I call a Code Unit into rdlc layout.......

Thanks in Advance..
    renjita wrote:
    Hi ,

How can I call a Code Unit into rdlc layout.......

Thanks in Advance..
    you can't, and you don't have to...but this is basic knowledge, you should study some materials about reporting before doing them...
    EDIT: i said "you don't have to" because all the business logic is executed in navision: call the report from the onaftergetrecord for example...and it will be done...rdlc is only for showing the report, not for executing business logic...
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    Hi,

I have given the code in the onaftergetrecord and modified the rdlc also. But all the functionalities are not working in that. On varifying the documents relating to report generation in Nav 2009 I noticed about redesigning the report in rdlc layout. It is working fine to a some extend. But I cannot call the codeunit into it . can any body help me..........

Thanks in Advance.................
    Belias wrote:
    EDIT: i said "you don't have to" because all the business logic is executed in navision: call the report from the onaftergetrecord for example...and it will be done...rdlc is only for showing the report, not for executing business logic...
    Sorry, i meant to say: call the codeunit in the onaftergetrecord, and it will be executed, there's no point in calling it from rdlc, in my opinion....maybe you can explain better what are you trying to do, for example what does this codeunit
    -Mirko-
    My Blog