Problems with Citrix / fin.hmt / Win98 / Win200 Clients

curecure Member Posts: 77
edited 2005-02-22 in Navision Financials
Hi there
We have some problems with Navision 2.00 runnig on Citrix. If a Win98 client has open first navision on the Citrix, no Win200 Client can open Navision now (Error: The fin.hmt file allready exists¨).

The same "shit" happens to the win98 clients, when a Win2000 Client was logged-in first.

Are there any solutions for this problem?

We know that the problems came from the diffrent times zones, but it was unfortunatly not possible, to fix the problem.

best regards

curdin
implevit ag, zurich, switzerland

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    not that it's a solution but would it be so much trouble to upgrade those win98 clients?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    sync times on all machines, set all to same timezone...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • curecure Member Posts: 77
    The Customer told me, every client & server has the same time (but it's impossible for me to check this)

is there any possibility to save the fin.hmt file per user as it's possible with the fin.zup file?

greets
    curdin
    I think NO...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Paul_VPaul_V Member Posts: 2
    Hi there,

Recently our company has installed a Citrix server. Currently we are testing the use of Citrix to access Navision (3.0) & we run into the same problem as described here. When logging in a error message appears stating that the temp file already exist. I am able to access Navision via Citrix using my office computer. When I use my home computer I am facing this problem though. Also other people just setup for use of Navision via Citrix cannot access at all. Apparently it has nothing to do with the time zone, also the Citrix client downloaded is up to date. Any suggestions to resolve this problem?

Best regards,
    Paul Visser - Quint
    1) Try synchronize times on clients
    2) Install Navision through install_ts.bat (if you are using 3.70 and less)
    3) Disable client timezone on citrix
    4) Check rights on client folder (must have write permissions)
    5) You can setup temp dir through temppath commandline parameter
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Paul_VPaul_V Member Posts: 2
    Hi there,

The problem was resolved with using the advises 3 & 5.

Thanks!!!

Paul