Can i upgrade Indo Ver(5.0) to NAV2009 W1 SP1?

yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
Hi Expert,

I want to upgrade Indonesia Version(5.0 Standard) to NAV 2009 W1 SP1. Is it possible to do? :roll: If i can do it, which portion do i need to merge. Can i follow upgrade quick guide of NAV 2009?

Kindly, please advice to me.
I want to upgrade native database.

Best Regards,
Yukon
Make Simple & Easy

Comments

• SunsetSunset Member Posts: 201
    I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to. Although it won't be a clean/clean upgrade. You need to identify which changes are in the indonesian version compared to w1 ver5, and decide if you want them in 2009. If you want them, you have to implement it in the upgrade toolkit and the 2009. If you don't want it, I would make an extra step in compared to the guide. Import the backup, and clean out the fields that concerns your old version, and then make a new backup to use in the upgrade process.
    Don't just take my word for it, test it yourself
  • yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
    Hi Sunset,

Thx for you reply. Now i'm confuse with object merge. I want to convert Indonesia Version (5.0 SP1) to NAV 2009 w1SP1.
    Upgrade user guide said, version 5.0 can convert directly to 2009.

But i don't know exactly which object do i need to merge. I need to merge with Tbl Id or fld id. If i merge fld id some code are not same between w1sp1 and indo version. So kindly, please advice to me. which one do i need to bring.
    1. NAV 2009 to INDO Ver (fld id and variable)
    2. Indo to NAV 2009

Kindly please advice to me, all expert.

Best Regards,
    Yukon
    Make Simple & Easy
  • SunsetSunset Member Posts: 201
    First of all. Unless you are a technician, you should never ever undertake this yourself!

You need to sit down and compare the versions, and decide which changes are important for the user and which are not.

Upgrading from 1 version diectly to another can only be done as long as it is the same localized versions. So an indonesian ver 5 can be upgraded directly to 2009, but not between different languages. And even when it is the same language, you still have to have a completely clean version to do it straight. Even a little change as a modified report means that you have to identify which changes are made, and decide on a course from that.
    If you have fields that are changes between the localized versions you have to sit down and find out why, and then decide what you need it to do. The fact that field x in table y has changed may mean nothing, but it also may mean that you have to place it in a totally different table. Again it depends on what you need, and why the field is what it is.

There is no easy fix, so I doubt anybody here will be able to write a "cookbook" for you. There is only the hard way, and it takes time. Even after you have done 100 upgrades, it still takes time.

As I have never worked with the indonesian version, I have no idea which fields are changed; so I can't really help you there. Other than to say "Sit down and read the program. Find out why it does what it does. Yes it will take time, but it will give you a better idea of what NAV does and why. Ultimately leading you to be better at what you do"
    Don't just take my word for it, test it yourself