Tie Bank Account Ledger Entries and G/L

fmhiguefmhigue Member Posts: 290
Hi to the forum:

I am looking a way to link Bank Account Ledger Entries vs G/L Acccount No. I used Transaction No. field from Bank Account Ledger Entry, but now I want to link the payment to the original posted document. I nned to show the original G/L Accounts affected by each invoice (Sales/Purchases). Any ideas?

thank you in advance

Comments

• rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
    I've done something similar, and although it's a lot of "navigation", it can be done.

From the Bank Acct Ledger Entry, you can search Vendor Ledger Entry using the "Transaction No." as the linking field. That will give you Vendor Ledger Entry "Payment" records.

Then, each of the "Payment" records will have the "Applies-to Doc. Type" and "Applies-to Doc. No." that it paid.

Now, you can go to G/L Entry, filtering on "Applies-to Doc. Type" and "Applies-to Doc. No." - now, depending on your number series setup, you may have to do some further filtering, e.g. if you have purchase invoices and sales invoices with the same document number, you'll have to build in some "smarts" to look only for G/L entries where the "source type" is for example "vendor" (unless you are like us and pay customers with checks, in which case it gets a little messier than that).

Then you have to eliminate the "Accounts Payable" G/L entry (in the normal case, it's the only credit transaction).

The code is not difficult. The application that I did was a little different - from the Check Ledger Entry, the users wanted to view an online version of the check stub. So I navigated through Vendor Ledger Entry to find the invoices paid by a particular check and built a temporary table containing information about each invoice paid - but it did not go to the G/L level. But let me know if you'd like to see the code, and I'll post a snippet...
    Ron
  • fmhiguefmhigue Member Posts: 290
    rsaritzky:

Let me give a try right now. It sounds like pretty simple

thank you alot