Shipping location without WMS

jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
In this scenario we are replacing 2.0 functionality for a customer who does not have WMS module and therefor NO intransit or transfer orders.

Database is 5.01 SQL with SWE localisations and LS Retail

What we are trying to acheive is a location whereby items that are lent out to customer are visible in their own location.

My thought since this is no a chargable service is to do a sales order with shippment but somehow track the shippment that would be the intransit location but is in fact a customers location
so i would have two lines
a negative line for normal location
a positive line into this lending location

and the reverse when the lent item is returned

I would be handling the return as a sales order return since the customer is using fifo i don't want want cost to get messed up

Just wondering if others have a suggestion a way to track items that are shipped from sales order when not using WMS or transfers order.

I was looking to add code based off a flag marking sales order as as a lend that would then create the 2nd line for an item journal to the lending location

Comments

• rsfairbanksrsfairbanks Member Posts: 107
    Off the top of my head, can you just not ship the order but not invoice it (flag on the header).
    Stock on loan is then quantity shipped not invoiced at source code, an easy report.
    When returned can undo shipment (though as you probably want to record the return date do a negative shipment on the order - leaving myself open to abuse now).
    Little modification is needed and if the customer loses or damages the goods they can be invoiced.
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Think you missed the point, Shipped not invoiced doesn't capture the stock of being in a Loan location

such a report would should other valid orders be shipped not invoiced IE monthly invoicing companies etc

The invoice from sales would be handled be the a credit note against the sales return order anyhow.

but all suggestions are welcome it starts the ball rolling and awakens some small sideaffects i may have not thrown into the location
  • rsfairbanksrsfairbanks Member Posts: 107
    I hope I have understood! The stock is removed from the location on Shipment the loan location is therefore the source number of the qty Shipped not invoiced which would save setting up locations for each customer.
    By having a flag on the sales header (eg loan order) you should be able to filter out normal orders.
    There maybe other issues and will depend on the actual processes involved

I have not worked on any consignment stock sales processes and I think this is more suitable, if anyone can suggest.

Good luck
    Well we are both actually right, just different meaning of location in our heads:)

the location should be a NAV location so that shipped not invoiced actually resides in a NAV location that is equivlent to a transfer intransit location.

that would be the main purpose of seeing the stock still in inventory but as an offsite location.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Do you have reclassification journal?
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    I don't think that would work as the required apply to field only looks at item ledgers that are positivie = yes

while a shippment line has positive = no
    May be you didn't get me. I will explain :

Define a customer location in the location master. Use Reclassification journal for transferring goods from company location to Customer location (when goods are shipped) and vice versa (when the goods are returned).
    CA Sandeep Singla
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    The way I have done this is to link customer and location with a new field in the location card. Items are transferred to this location and the link to the customer card makes it easy to track which location is which customer.

Using transfer means that costs are kept from the original. We also created a new field called "FIFO Date" This field is updated for Purchases only and follows the ILE though its transfers, so we can always refer back to the actual fifo layer it originally belonged to.
    David Singleton
    ssingla wrote:
    May be you didn't get me. I will explain :

Define a customer location in the location master. Use Reclassification journal for transferring goods from company location to Customer location (when goods are shipped) and vice versa (when the goods are returned).

:thumbsup: You beat me to it.

The only thing is I would normally use a Transfer Order not a re-class journal, because in these cases you want a proper history with printable documents.
    David Singleton
    Ya that is what I would have suggested but the user mentioned that the client does not have Transfer Order option.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    ssingla wrote:
    Ya that is what I would have suggested but the user mentioned that the client does not have Transfer Order option.

Ah so its a licensing issue. In that case a re-class is the only option.
    David Singleton