FieldRef always show blank value for field name "Login ID"

mandykmandyk Member Posts: 57
Hi Guys,

I have simple C/AL codes to read some Navision table using RecordRef and FieldRef variable type.
The codes just displaying the certain field value on certain record and it show properly.

However I have notice that, FieldRef failed to display "Login ID" field.
I have test this scenario on Sales Header table and Contact Table which has "Login ID" field.
in both table I unable to see the value of "Login ID" via FieldRef variable type.

Is there any restriction or special way in Navision to show "Login ID" field value ](*,)

Appreciate your help if anyone knows about it. thanks!

note: I am using Nav 4.0 sp3.

Thanks!

Comments

• einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    hmmm, I don't see any Field named "Login ID" neither in Sales Header nor in Contact. But maybe it's a flowfield, so you just have to use CALCFIELDS before you are able to display its content. Just an idea...
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • mandykmandyk Member Posts: 57
    Hi einsTeIn.NET

"Login ID" is field no. 6210 in Sales Header table and field no. 6206 in Contact Table.
    Both are Normal fields type Code with 30 chars length, so using CALCFIELDS simply throw an runtime error.

Thanks for your help and would I expect more than this.
    [-o<
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    Can you show us what you've written so far and where the problem occurs?
  • mandykmandyk Member Posts: 57
    Finally, I have got it right!.
    The issue was the RecordRef variable didn't set to the right record and the first record in those tables has blank "Login ID" value. This is should be looks alright then. :oops:

I was using SETPOSITION statement to filter the expected record instead of SETRANGE or SETFILTER which absent in RecordRef. Alas, this statement only populate the key fields with values and didn't filter. :shock:

Fortunately, SETVEW statement saved me from the end of the road.
    I need to create the string which express sorting and filters and this similar like how I do filter in Report Data item by specifying SetView property. More & more codes to go but at least not end of the road. :)

Thanks einsTeIn.NET & kapamarou.