Queue synchronization

zaczac Member Posts: 29
Hi guys,
I'm using standard procedure in NAS communication described in article http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms952079.aspx. I have online catalog and multiple users and I would like to be sure to every user sees only his own price. Question is: Can I be sure that every user will get only his own message using standard MSMQ procedure?

Thanks...

Answers

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    May be I just missed something, but my be it is just your wrong understanding of the principles.

If I understand correctly, you have some web application, displaying prices on-line for some users. To read the values you are using the MSMQ from the example. The user is somehow authenticated to the web application, the web application than pass the user identification to NAV, NAV calculate the price and send it back. Web Application than display the result. Is it working in this way?

What is the problem?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • zaczac Member Posts: 29
    kine wrote:
    May be I just missed something, but my be it is just your wrong understanding of the principles.

If I understand correctly, you have some web application, displaying prices on-line for some users. To read the values you are using the MSMQ from the example. The user is somehow authenticated to the web application, the web application than pass the user identification to NAV, NAV calculate the price and send it back. Web Application than display the result. Is it working in this way?

What is the problem?

It's working, but for example my database has been "attacked" by many users in the same time and MSMQ has been stacked how I can be sure that every user will get required value?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You cannot be sure, that the client will get the result in time. My be it will end with some timeout. But this is common problem and you need to count with this. Sometime you will get timeout on some website when browsing internet too... :-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • zaczac Member Posts: 29
    Thank kine.