Session Information

savitha_tsavitha_t Member Posts: 3
Hi,
We are using NAV 4.0 SP3 and SQL 2005 for one of our client. we use job scheduler to run some jobs. we are facing a problem that the session run on the server to keep the scheduler running, is closed everytime without any error message. can we manage to get some log when this is happening?

Comments

• rdebathrdebath Member Posts: 383
    Erm, there should be messages in the application event log.

If not you can run the NAS from the command line, something like this ...
    nassql.exe servername=NAVISION,database=Navision,company=Cronus UK Limited.,startupparameter=JOBQUEUE

It's in the w1w1atas.pdf document.

Otherwise you're back to good old message('Got to 173'); debugging.
  • savitha_tsavitha_t Member Posts: 3
    But we are not using NAS in NAV 4.0 SP3..... we just run the job scheduler management form and start the scheduler...
    Can we find the history of sessions for a particular database? I could only find the current sessions in the session ID table.
  • rdebathrdebath Member Posts: 383
    Oh, sorry. Running from the client, well the only time I've ever had the client disapear in a production environment was because someone had logged it out. :)

The easiest way to crash a client is probably infinite recursion; eg: call a delete trigger from inside the same delete trigger.

As things you write to the database are likely to get rolled back if the client drops out I suggest the best idea will be to add something that logs and/or traces to a load of text files. Make sure you close and reopen the file frequently so it isn't buffered.
  • SunsetSunset Member Posts: 201
    You could make a small modification to the User Time Register table and codeunit 1, so that you keep traack of the start and end time for the user that runs the scheduler.
    Might need some changes to the primary key, if the user logs in several time a day.
    Don't just take my word for it, test it yourself
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Whats the bet they log in via terminal server or RDP open the client to run the session, then log off the same session again closing the nav and scheduler :P