Item ledger entries - ACIE

2»

Answers

• violetavioleta Member Posts: 21
    sunset and David you are very nice guys but the truth is: I asked exact question and Boris gave me appropriate answer. He even tested the solution for me. So Boris thank you once again (I hope you will also help me the next time :) )

People reading this forum: Don't be like me, I'm very bad example.

Kisses to you all from John Smith :)
  • bstoyanobstoyano Member Posts: 134
    Well, maybe next time when I am able to help someone in a similar situation I am going to do it in a private message, so as not to mislead everybody else who would read only part of the things written.
    Boris
    Please, do not frighten the ostrich,
    the floor is concrete.
    Maybe someone would be curious ...
    I found this excerpt in one of the C/SIDE manuals for NAV 5.0, namely Basic Forms (p.3-55):

=== quote ===
    The "Specialized" Ledger Form
    A more specialized version of the List form is the Ledger Form. These forms are used only for Ledger Entry tables. They differ from ordinary List forms, in that even though users cannot insert or delete records, THEY CAN SOMETIMES EDIT A SMALL NUBER OF THE FIELDS.
    === end of quote ===

Why is this allowed?
    Boris
    the floor is concrete.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    One case I can remember is to update due date on the customer Ledger and Vendor ledger entries.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Another One : Marking "OnHold" and unmarking on the vendor ledger entries.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    I see :idea:
    Boris
    the floor is concrete.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    8><----

naah I need to leave this thread and Sandeeps comments :thumbsup: say much it better.
    David Singleton
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    They don't care because they think they know better David, don't beat yourself up.
    Guys,

Let's shake our hands and stop all this. It makes no sense and no use at all. :D
    Boris
    the floor is concrete.
    I'm not arguing, so there's no need for me to shake anyone's hand. I'm just observing good advice and bad advice being dispensed, and the person receiving that advice choosing not to follow the good advice, and they do so because they think they know better, they think that these warnings do not apply to their situation (supported by claims of "as long as you know about this it makes everything alright" warning). All I am saying is that the reason that they choose not to follow the advice is not to be unpleasant, but because they think they know better, and I am just trying to make it so that David doesn't feel so frustrated. That's very difficult, because he knows what's going to happen, he knows the kind of trouble these people are in. He knows the consequences, what it feels like to be in that much trouble and how much work it is to get out of that trouble.

Dispensing advice, knowing that it is bad advice, doesn't make it good advice just by inserting a warning, and saying that as long as the warning is given, it's all going to be fine. These people are going to have SERIOUS problems down the road. Unfortunately, those problems won't occur until years from now. In the mean time, because they *think* they have good advice, because some error message doesn't show up anymore, now the person warning about the problems is the 'bad guy', when in fact it's the other way around.
    Good advice and bad advice! Hello, the Grand Jury, you may be experts in NAV, but you seriously have to work on your communication. Take your time contemplating your grandeur.
    Boris
    the floor is concrete.
    bstoyano wrote:
    the floor is concrete.
    I do think your tag line is very funny :mrgreen:
    Glad to hear that you like it. :lol:
    Boris