Reversal of G/L Entries with different posting date,Doc.No

thinafansthinafans Member Posts: 88
Dear All,

I want to reverse the G/L entries which I posted wrongly at last month and the last month was closed and submitted MIS report. In this case If i use our default functionality It will reverse on the same posting date with same Docment No which will be affect my last month closing.

Is there any other way to reverse the transaction with different posting date with different Document no in the same default reversal functionality other than Manual Journals.

Regards,

THINA

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    You need to understand the difference between a reversal and an adjustment. This is NOT a Navision issue, this is a business issue.
    David Singleton
  • thinafansthinafans Member Posts: 88
    You need to understand the difference between a reversal and an adjustment. This is NOT a Navision issue, this is a business issue.

Hi David,

We need to understand one thing that every business issue, customer needs a solution in navision. This is the basic thing which they asked us.

Example :

I closed the year end processing and submitted my Blancesheet but i want to reverse the transaction which i posted in the closed year. If i use that default functionality then it will be reversing on the same day and my last year balance sheet will be modified. If it is one or two entries i can use the General journal. If it is more than 20 i can't manually punch it once again. If the system reverse on the creation date that will be useful to customer in this scenario.

Regards,

THINA
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Not available as default as this will not be reversal but a adjustment entry as mentioned by David. The user needs to punch it again manually just like a new voucher and in case you need automation then you can customize it.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in