What is the comparision between NAV 4.0 and NAV 2009???

southindiansouthindian Member Posts: 247
What is the comparision between NAV 4.0 and NAV 2009 ??? Please provide the features and functionalities in detail. :thumbsup:

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Has the community really come to this?

The fact that you know that mibuso exists, and that there are these different versions of Navision indicates that you must know how huge the differences are. so why are you asking this. Do you in all honesty expect someone to search the net and find these answers for you and post them in one place. Why do you want this information and what will you do with it.

Posts like this that are happening all to often make me very very angry.

:thumbsdown:
    David Singleton
  • southindiansouthindian Member Posts: 247
    if it really makes you angry . i feel sorry for that . but i heard from my senior people mibuso is the place where people who are new to navision can learn a lot and can get suggestion from experts . being a new to navision i don't think i put a wrong query . any way thank for your kind suggestion sir ... bye
    ... but i heard from my senior people mibuso is the place where people who are new to navision can learn a lot and can get suggestion from experts . ...

And this is the core of the issue.

Your seniors are responsible to train you, not the community. If you had posted a specific question I might have some faith in the system, but your implication is that you asked your senior this question and she/he simply said "Go and post the question on Mibuso". This is completely wrong.

So in fact I apologize to you, but all my comments then need to be directed to your senior, who should be fired immediately and should not work with Navision. And most definitely should not call him/herself a senior.

In your case though you now need to go direct to upper management in the company and tell them that your senior is not helping you and that they need to employ someone new.

in terms of using the forums and the community, step one is to search, had you done that you would have found many many pages of information about ver 4 vs 5 vs 2009 and Classic vs RTC.

THEN and only THEN you would have a few specific questions and those questions you could ask. But simply to ask and expect the community to do the work that your senior gets paid for is very wrong and very unfair.
    David Singleton
    thank for your kind suggestion ... that quite enough for now.... but really i felt hurt by your words... i will think twice before asking any query in this website.... thanks for now
    ... i will think twice before asking any query in this website....

Then you still misunderstand you absolutely MUST ask questions on mibuso, and you must use it as a learning tool. BUT don't expect to be force fed here. You need to search first, you need to have read all the release documents, you need to go to partner source and down load the statement of direction, and the comparison documents (What's new) for each version.

Your Senior is responsible to set up a training program for you, A detailed written program that shows where you are now where you need to be in three years and how you will get there. If they did not do that then they MUST be sacked.

So before posting here,
    1/ talk with your seniors,
    2/ search read and learn
    3/ Try it out your self.

then post the detailed question explaining what you did so far. BUT DO NOT expect people here to do the job that your senior gets paid for.
    David Singleton
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    thank for your kind suggestion ... that quite enough for now.... but really i felt hurt by your words... i will think twice before asking any query in this website.... thanks for now

Take it in this way: forums are not the first place to ask, they are the last one. First place are your co-workers, manuals, documentations, google, your own research... and after that, there is space to ask the broad forum.

It is sad that some companies are trying to use Mibuso as their internal helpdesk or replacement for training their own people.

All this what David wrote is not something against you, it is reaction to numerous question of type "I am lazy, thus I will just ask and somebody else will solve it for me...". This way of thinking is killing mibuso and the spirit of community...

Just for you to show you that it is nothing personal... 8)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    i will do that sir..... thank once again for your kind and genuine suggestion.i will never make that mistake again ... thank u ... bye sir
  • KowaKowa Member Posts: 923
    What is the comparision between NAV 4.0 and NAV 2009 ??? Please provide the features and functionalities in detail. :thumbsup:
    Just in case you are still interested, a good place to start is the "400 to 2009 Feature Enhancements" PDF in the documents folder of the upgrade toolkit. But, as David and kine have already said, you will need to do your homework first.
    Kai Kowalewski