TableData 1000000003 does not exist error message in restore

cvealecveale Member Posts: 135
I am having an issue here.

Client is on NAV 5.0SP1, running with a SQL 2005 backend.

I take a full backup of objects and data through NAV.

On my computer I create a new SQL DB through NAV. I go to restore the backup, and it comes up with this error message

'TableData 1000000003 does not exist'

I can't figure out why this is happening, any ideas? Has anyone come across this??

Comments

• Dave_CintronDave_Cintron Member Posts: 189
    This table would be the product of an incomplete restore. NAV creates a duplicate set of tables that start with 1000000000 and at the completion of the restore deletes the original tables and replaces them. You have backed up a database with these temp tables. Delete them all and try again.
    Dave Cintron
    Dynamics West
    http://www.dynamicswest.com
  • cvealecveale Member Posts: 135
    The thing is, i can't find these tables in NAV anywhere, that's the strange part.

Any other suggestions ?
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    You will need to go back to the original database. Run the Restore backup function (Tools Restore) which will give you a message allowing you to delete the old backup.

Once you have deleted that, create a new backup and start again.

PS when do you get that error message?
    David Singleton
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    cveale wrote:
    The thing is, i can't find these tables in NAV anywhere, that's the strange part.

That's normal, your license will not allow you to see them or delete them.
    David Singleton
  • cvealecveale Member Posts: 135
    I tried what you said David, going to the restore again. I have seen that message come up telling me to continue the restore in the past, so when you continue and finish the restore it removes the tables. That is what i thought happened this time, but when i tried the restore, that message didn't come up. Strange.

But I have found the solution, I compiled all the objects in the object designer, and then did my backup and restore, and it worked !!! Strange, but I am good to go now !!!!! Thank you everyone for your input.