Options

Add-in on general RTC "Main Container"

PomaroliPomaroli Member Posts: 37
edited 2010-03-17 in NAV Three Tier
Hi @all,
i was wondering if it is possible to add an "add-in" to the general RTC screen view (not role center)
the goal would be to have on every view an general info panel on the bottom.
I have developed an Library which i can add to pages like role center or other pages but not on the "main container"
Everybody can solve ??

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Christian_AbelnChristian_Abeln Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 42
    Hello,
    Add-ins for the Role Tailored client can be used in any places where you can modify a field in the page designer (by setting the ControlAddIn property). And we have the limitation that Add-ins for fields under the group ot type Repeater - Add-ins for cells in a list - are NOT supported.

The Outer frame of the RTC (e.g. the top action pane and above, the left side navigation pane and the bar at the bottom - e.g. where the Company info is drawn) can therefore NOT be equipped with Add-ins. And we also don't have any way to allow partners to add control elements to those areas.

I hope this answeres your questions (even if it may be a little disappointing for you - sorry for that).
    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”

Christian Abeln
    Program Manager Microsoft
    Dynamics NAV

blogs.msdn.com/cabeln/
  • Options
    Hello,
    Add-ins for the Role Tailored client can be used in any places where you can modify a field in the page designer (by setting the ControlAddIn property). And we have the limitation that Add-ins for fields under the group ot type Repeater - Add-ins for cells in a list - are NOT supported.

The Outer frame of the RTC (e.g. the top action pane and above, the left side navigation pane and the bar at the bottom - e.g. where the Company info is drawn) can therefore NOT be equipped with Add-ins. And we also don't have any way to allow partners to add control elements to those areas.

I hope this answeres your questions (even if it may be a little disappointing for you - sorry for that).

Hi thanks for answering, yes it is a little bit disappointing for this special case which we would like to add an info pan with general c/s informations on the bottom app. screen. if we are working with more then one database the client should be able to see in which envirorement he is working. Test or Live system.

perhaps this could be realized in later versions.....
  • Options
    Christian_AbelnChristian_Abeln Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 42
    Hi again,
    we had thought about such information before, but decided that we do not want to clutter the UI with Information that most users (the end users) should not need to care about.
    To me your scenario sounds more like a developer scenario - is this correct?

As you know, the RoleTailored client does not connect to a database, but to NAV Server. Amd the Server is is represented by a Service instance. Each service instance has an individual name, which can be configured at installation time. You might consider to name the service instance respectively: with an appendix of "Test" or "Live".

I understand that the Service name does not scream into the user's face all the time from the UI of the RoleTailored client. But this name is only two clicks away, in the "Select Server ..." dialog.
    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”

Christian Abeln
    Program Manager Microsoft
    Dynamics NAV

blogs.msdn.com/cabeln/
  • Options
    I think almost we should know what's the customer needness, in past this was an welcome implementation for some customers .
    especially if we are talking about centralized services.

Regards, thanks for answering