Options

NAV 2009 Development Exams

matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
I passed both development exams for NAV 2009 last night \:D/ Thought I would give some feedback for those also looking to take the exams.

The C/SIDE Introduction was WAY harder than the C/SIDE Solution Development, in my opinion. I know, I was shocked too.

Based on what Microsoft said would be on the exam I was a little skeptical about how much real NAV 2009 stuff would be on the test (RTC, Pages, Reports, Web Services, etc), but it is fairly heavy on those topics. Anyone who might think that they know all of the other NAV stuff and it will be enough to pass is wrong. You might also read through the Coding Standards PDF if that still comes with the product CD. No real surprise here, but if you were to focus on any one of the new features it would definitely be Pages.

There were also a couple of questions on the introduction exam that were clearly written before SP1 came out. As in the answer was really no longer true. I'm not going to say what they were, but I provided feedback that I'd imagine will never be looked at on the exam.

Maybe it's because "Solution Design" hasn't really changed and the base product has changed a lot, but I did significantly better on the "advanced" exam.

Anyway, just some basic feedback. For the responses that I know will come: No I will not tell you what questions they asked me and no I don't have any cheat sheets. Study the manuals and practice! :D

Comments