Options

Regarding Developer toolkit during upgrade

ramyavenkatramyavenkat Member Posts: 94
From Navison 3.10 i am upgrading the database to 3.7 version.

I have taken the required databases and finished merge & compare funtionality with the help of developer's took kit(1.04).

After getting a new fresh database with all changes. I have exported it and when i import those objects in navision database ,error is coming saying for a particular table like payment terms table dont have permission.

I think this is because of licence problem.

I am currnetly using the developer license in importing it to navision database.

Pls anybody tell me what liciense we have to use and what are the steps we have to take care abt the license..coz i dont know much in this regard.

It will will great help for us to proceed inthis regard.

Comments

• Options
    jemmyjemmy Member Posts: 247
    Hi Ramyavekat,

Can I know your granule ID for license?

Did you get the error while importing Devtool.fob too?

I don't know exactly which part can cause the trouble you but I think I could hit the same problem like yours now.

HTH,

Jemmy
  • Options
    ramyavenkatramyavenkat Member Posts: 94
    Hi Jemmy,

Thanks for ur reply,

The granule id is :: 99,003,650 Navision Developers Toolkit - Compare & Merge.

The error is while importing the databse objects which we exported from navision developers toolkit after merge & compare.

Regards
    Ramya.
  • Options
    ajayjainajayjain Member Posts: 119
    This week I have upgraded one client from 3.10 to 3.7, did not face any problem. Do you have localised upgrade toolkit. I used GB upgrade process.
    Ajay Jain
    UK
  • Options
    fbfb Member Posts: 246
    ...when i import those objects in navision database ,error is coming saying for a particular table like payment terms table dont have permission....

Does the import file contain the objects in text form, or object (.fob) form?

If they are in text form, and the 'target' db is a new 'empty' db (e.g., contains no objects), then you will get a permission error, because your license does not have 'insert' permission for objects in the Navision base objects range. (The Payment Terms table is probably the first object in your import file -- table #3.)

You have two options:

1) Export the objects in .fob form; then you will be able to import them into an 'empty' db.... (A .fob import that creates objects is not viewed as an 'insert', so any license can import a .fob).

2) Import the objects in txt form into a db that already contains the objects.... A developer's license grants 'modify' permission to (almost) all objects, so text-form objects can be imported to replace existing objects.

Hope this helps.