Modify Item ledger entry record

hemantOnehemantOne Member Posts: 98
Hi,

Is there any way to modify Item Ledger Entry table field directly in table .I want to modify the date of some entries .

Thanks .
Regards,
Hemant
They can conquer who believe they can

Comments

• idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    There are many ways but those are the wrong things to do. Use Item journals
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • hemantOnehemantOne Member Posts: 98
    helllo ,

I Know through Item journal we can change but i am making a report to modify Item Ledger entry and
    i need the way without using Item journal.please suggest any other way.

Thanks .
    Regards,
    Hemant
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    No, there is not, if you are not partner. You cannot modify ledger entries directly, it is permitted with your license. Ask your partner for support in this case. You can use only the journal to correct what someone messed up.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Thanks Kine.
    I am trying to ](*,) .
    Regards,
    Hemant
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    hemantOne wrote:
    I am trying to ](*,) .

NO you are not "trying to bang your head against a wall" ... you are trying to stick your head in a fire and you are asking us how to do it.

Since so many people say I am not helpful of late, let me give you instructions on how to do this.

1/ Get a bucket.
    2/ fill bucket with petrol.
    3/ Get a match and ignite petrol.
    4/ Stick your head in the bucket.
    5/ Scream with pain and blame everyone when you realize YOU and YOU ALONE made a huge mistake.
    David Singleton
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Wouldn't it be more helpful to add keep a bucket of water next to bucket on fire ? :roll:
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    hemantOne wrote:
    Thanks Kine.
    I am trying to .

Out of curiosity does this mean you are trying to contact your partner but you can't?
    jannestig wrote:
    Wouldn't it be more helpful to add keep a bucket of water next to bucket on fire ? :roll:

Nope, better is I give them my phone number and they can call me when they realize that its painful to have your head on fire. When they are on fire for some reason they don't mind paying :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Try to explain to a customer how easy it is to extinguish the match and never start the fire compared to the work to put ut the fire once the whole building is on fire, and they just don't believe it.
    David Singleton
    kapamarou wrote:
    hemantOne wrote:
    Thanks Kine.
    I am trying to .

Out of curiosity does this mean you are trying to contact your partner but you can't?

Oh I see what you mean. But I interpreted that as "I am trying to beat my self up and cause as much damage as I possibly can".
    David Singleton
  • kitikkitik Member Posts: 230
    With or without partner, ledger entries should not be modified... so try with the journal anyway.

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    Author of the book Implementing Dynamics NAV 2013
    Cursos Dynamics NAV (spanish) : http://clipdynamics.com/ - A new lesson released every day.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Just a update ( I had a personal interaction with this person).

What the Client was asking is a customized field in the Item Ledger Entry table wher user can input a date to track the entries in their unique fashion. As this is not recommended to modify the Item Ledger Entries I have suggested a customized sub table to address the issue.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    Probably a better explanation of the requirement in the original post would have put the things in right prospective.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    Thanks Sir,
    Probably a better explanation of the requirement in the original post would have put the things in right prospective.
    I always will follow this in future.
    Regards,
    Hemant
    ssingla wrote:

What the Client was asking is a customized field in the Item Ledger Entry table wher user can input a date to track the entries in their unique fashion. As this is not recommended to modify the Item Ledger Entries I have suggested a customized sub table to address the issue.

A request like this should have gone through the partner. That requirement should have been complete, including the required update. I assume its your customer, so you really need to explain to customers from day one that modifying ledger entries is not possible.
    David Singleton
    ssingla wrote:

A request like this should have gone through the partner. That requirement should have been complete, including the required update. I assume its your customer, so you really need to explain to customers from day one that modifying ledger entries is not possible.

No... He is my ex-employee, now working for a company having expertise in .NET and started NAV a little time ago. The request has come as anybody can guess from a overseas client/partner. I don't know more details.
    He is going to revert back with the inputs he has now.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    ssingla wrote:
    No... He is my ex-employee, now working for a company having expertise in .NET and started NAV a little time ago. The request has come as anybody can guess from a overseas client/partner. I don't know more details.
    He is going to revert back with the inputs he has now.

Ah so some poor customer is getting some Navision newbie with no support to do paid off shore development work.This is the sort of thing that is giving off shore such a bad name, and the reasons that I no longer will work with ANY off shore company. [-X
    David Singleton
  • bossenissebossenisse Member Posts: 3
    Sure u can modify the a "item ledger entry" record from lets say a codeunit. It's not right but u can!
    Just go in on the properties for the codeunit and add the "item ledger entry" table under premissions with the right to modify.
    And of course make sure that the user login has the right roles.

// Bossenisse
  • kitikkitik Member Posts: 230
    bossenisse wrote:
    Just go in on the properties for the codeunit and add the "item ledger entry" table under premissions with the right to modify.

You can only do that with a partner license. That's why everyone said the request had to go through the partner.

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    Author of the book Implementing Dynamics NAV 2013
    Cursos Dynamics NAV (spanish) : http://clipdynamics.com/ - A new lesson released every day.