Problem with Time while sending a form to Excel

PachiPachi Member Posts: 25
Good afternoon,

I'm trying to send to Excel a form with times in it (for example, form 5915) but I'm getting in Excel wrong times.

I'm in Spain working in GMT+1 time zone, and when exporting the form content through "Send To Excel" option, times in Excel sheet are GMT.

Does someone know how to solve this problem?

Best Regards,

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• PachiPachi Member Posts: 25
    Please... someone can help me?
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    I think NAV stores time values internally in UTC format and applies your regional settings during runtime. Germany is also in GMT+1 and there seems to be no problem. Which version? Which Style Sheet?
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
    I think NAV stores time values internally in UTC format and applies your regional settings during runtime. Germany is also in GMT+1 and there seems to be no problem. Which version? Which Style Sheet?

Version is NAV 2009 ES
    Stylesheet is the standard Excel one.

Thank you for your interest.
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    There is hotfix related to date formats for style sheets

You say you are working in spain, but if you are logging into a server located in the UK or with wrong time setting that would probably explain it.

Have you tried this on a local DB if you have access to one
    jannestig wrote:
    There is hotfix related to date formats for style sheets

You say you are working in spain, but if you are logging into a server located in the UK or with wrong time setting that would probably explain it.

Have you tried this on a local DB if you have access to one

Yes, I'm experiencing it in my PC with a Cronus database.

Thanks
    so what happens when you copy and paste the lines into excel then ?
    Not, only when using "Send to Excel" button
    Hmmm if your cronus is SQL DB have you tried the same thing with a classic DB?

If you disconnect you PC from the internet & network then try an SQL DB export to excel maybe you will have a difference then, I think its the exchange server that controls time on a domain??

The point is to see if its a server issue somewhere so an offline export after checking you regional settings could help you narrow down the issue.
    I have experienced the problem in an SQL server installation and in my own PC with the native database.
    Any additional idea?