NAV on Windows 7 professional

manickammanickam Member Posts: 33
Hi Friends

Does Windows 7 professional edition supports NAV 5.01 in SQL Server Environment ?

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Yes windows 7 any addition will support 4.sp3 >2009 sp1.

Just make sure you have the latest build for the clients (finsql.exe etc) installed first.

waldos platform updates will show you the latest builds
  • KisuKisu Member Posts: 381
    My personal tests gave me that
    Client builds v5.0.30488.0 and forward worked with Windows 7 Pro/Enterprice
    K.S.
  • SunsetSunset Member Posts: 201
    As jannestig pointed out, all versions from 4.03 work with Win7 (and Vista) But some wotk better than others.

For instance ver 5 build 24199 really does not like it when there is a execution error. So developing big solutions there, is a drag since it will shut down and restart the client and let you rewrite your code... #-o
    Don't just take my word for it, test it yourself
  • KisuKisu Member Posts: 381
    Sunset wrote:
    As jannestig pointed out, all versions from 4.03 work with Win7 (and Vista) But some wotk better than others.

For instance ver 5 build 24199 really does not like it when there is a execution error. So developing big solutions there, is a drag since it will shut down and restart the client and let you rewrite your code... #-o

We had problems installing first release of 5.0 SP1 on windows 7, it just would not install on a clean platform, so we contacted MS concerning this topic.
    We got response that we needed update 2 of 5.0 sp1 client (which is current locally here now). The update 2 is same build as I stated up on this post.

There was some other builds of 4.0 SP3 that had problems with windows 7 too.
    K.S.